Pricing & Wallets

Aug 14, 2006
I'm confused.

I always thought that Coach was cheaper in the US than in Canada but when I look on eBay all of the prices seem kind of similar. When I go to Coach.com I get the Canadian pricing, is it just the same in both countries?

I'm trying to decide if I should buy a wallet here before we go to California or once I'm there. I'd like it before but dh keeps telling me to wait in case it's cheaper. I want the Heritage Strip Zip-Around wallet and it's $218 here. Is it the same price in the US?

Thanks in advance!

Before I go to the store here.... are Coach items cheaper anywhere else?? Macy's, etc. I don't think I'll be able to go to an outlet while I'm there so I'm wondering if it's worth it to save my $$ and wait til I go to the US or just buy what I want here?

Coach NEVER goes on sale here.

Yes, Coach goes on sales at Macy's, Nordstroms, Dillards, etc, but the summer sales are kinda winding down so there might not be what you want on sale. The Bloomingdales in San Francisco did have some wallets left last week at really good prices - on sale with another 40% off that! They will charge/send, but not sure if they ship to Canada.

Also, when you ship to Canada from Coach.com, I think you have to pay $22 for shipping. It all adds up....sales tax, duty, and shipping...You'd save so much more money if you just buy from your local boutique.

(And nice wallet choice! I just got it myself recently. Love it.)

Oh...and actually, some people on here have said that they found Coach sales at Holt Renfrew, but you won't get a wide variety of choices...maybe just a handful of items at best.

Canadian and US prices are all the same now......due to when the dollar was coming to par and shoppers all heading to the US instead of shopping here...

If you are actually in the US or taking a trip there, I would suggest you get it there as to lower tax.....in terms of customs, gst......to avoid this you could always just switch out all you wallet things into your new wallet and keep it in you purse

If your planning on waiting, take notice the price will not be cheaper and Coach never goes on sale here

Still not sure where to get it... dh said to pick it up after work tomorrow. I know it'll never be on sale here but in AB we only pay GST so only 5%... tax in California is 7.25% right, so wouldn't it be more there?

Just figuring out where to get it... it's #1 on my list right now but I want to get more while I'm there.