Prices of preloved lately

How do u find preloved Chanel prices now?

• Preloved went up then now down lower than pre pandemic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Preloved went up since pandemic and price increase

Votes: 82 85.4%
  • Preloved went down since pandemic and price increase

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • It’s all over the place. Depends on site.

Votes: 12 12.5%

• Total voters
It depends on the style, I’ve noticed. Classic flaps have gone up a ton recently, including vintage ones which you used to be able to find at pretty good deals. $3200 seems to be the base pricing now. But then I also see other more seasonal styles for $2500 or 3200 (when the bag at retail is 4700-5000+) so it’s interesting, it seems like the classics were really affected but other styles not to the same degree

Any thoughts on prices of preloved lately?
I’m absolutely appalled at the price increases for pre-owned bags now! I’ve been interested in two bags from a few years ago that both sellers are selling for more than 2K over the original price! I’m so bummed but I refuse to pay that as the sellers didn’t pay that increased price for the bag 4 years ago, yannow? Ugh sorry I’m so upset but I needed to vent on here as I know many of you feel my pain lol I’m so bummed now because I’m realizing that I’ll probably never buy another Chanel bag again and that’s a very harsh pill for me to swallow. Thanks for listening.

I’m absolutely appalled at the price increases for pre-owned bags now! I’ve been interested in two bags from a few years ago that both sellers are selling for more than 2K over the original price! I’m so bummed but I refuse to pay that as the sellers didn’t pay that increased price for the bag 4 years ago, yannow? Ugh sorry I’m so upset but I needed to vent on here as I know many of you feel my pain lol I’m so bummed now because I’m realizing that I’ll probably never buy another Chanel bag again and that’s a very harsh pill for me to swallow. Thanks for listening.
I know how u feel. It’s all of a sudden too! But preloved is going down. People r losing jobs and can’t spend like before. I sold almost all my bags. I’ve committed to only buying Chanel or certain Lv because I know they will hold value. Nothing else does including shoes! Even Loewe isn’t sold everywhere or recognized. U don’t need much. Just one or two and other regular bags I feel. Besides, we r in lockdown.

Reactions: ddebartolo
I noticed that preloved prices went up with the initial Chanel price increase during the pandemic. During July 4th weekend, a lot of larger reseller sites had markdowns for bags, including classic flaps like Rebag and What Goes Around NYC. With the "sales" during July 4th, a lot of the preloved bags were priced how they were before. I don't know if this will continue or it was just July 4th sale season.

I am turning 29 next week and was putting off a Chanel purchase until my 30th birthday (new or vintage) but the price increase has definitely outpriced me on Classic Flaps. I‘ve been checking Vestiaire on and off during quarantine but even the Vintage prices are through the roof.

these bags are 20+ years old. Some of them look seriously beaten and battered. i have no idea who is paying these prices...even the most deflated and worn bags go for well over €2000. it‘s madness

It depends on the style, I’ve noticed. Classic flaps have gone up a ton recently, including vintage ones which you used to be able to find at pretty good deals. $3200 seems to be the base pricing now. But then I also see other more seasonal styles for $2500 or 3200 (when the bag at retail is 4700-5000+) so it’s interesting, it seems like the classics were really affected but other styles not to the same degree
Agree. The Chanel seasonal styles seem to be stable, with no real increases. I've really only noticed the substantial increase with the flaps, and even then just vintage ones. They seem to be charging around 3400+US for flaps that are over 20 years old and in badly deteriorating condition. I still see a lot of Chanel pieces at fair preloved pricing, just not the classic flaps.

The prices for pre loved are going to make it harder for someone to choose the preloved route even vintage pieces. I was able to "grab" a vintage square red flap for $2450 before the price increase but I am waiting to see it in person soon. I was also able to get a brand new reissue from FP at $4575 in February which was a great deal and was just missing the box. I just feel at the prices for preloved classic flaps small-jumbo, I am better off buying a new bag. Reseller markets will suffer in the long run at this point if the buyer isn't actually catching a deal anymore.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this exact same topic! I have been browsing some preloved websites. The prices aren't too far from the brand new thing. From my perspective, why bother shopping preloved then?

Especially where I am, it is very difficult to shop preloved. I have to take into account of duties, taxes, shipping etc., then I actually end up not saving at all.

I guess unless you are looking for a vintage piece that has been discontinued.