Price??

what size center is that?

Also, depending on the EXACT stone, the prices will or can differ greatly.

Swanky is right. I believe Tiffany engagement ring sizes start at 1/4 carat. When DH and I were looking at engagement rings 5 years ago, a Lucida that was under 2 carats was about $35K. (Needless to say we went to a wholesaler, got a 2.11 princess cut and it was less than a third of the price.)

Is your friend in the Bay area? Does she know about the Jewelry Center here in the city? That's where I got my rings.

Swanky is right. I believe Tiffany engagement ring sizes start at 1/4 carat. When DH and I were looking at engagement rings 5 years ago, a Lucida that was under 2 carats was about $35K. (Needless to say we went to a wholesaler, got a 2.11 princess cut and it was less than a third of the price.)

Is your friend in the Bay area? Does she know about the Jewelry Center here in the city? That's where I got my rings.

yah shes from the bay. where is jewelry center?? i wanna gooooo. lol. is ur ring similar to the lucida??

^^^ We decided not to pay the premium for Tiffany too... I was verrrrry tempted to go with a Tiffany eternity band, but there are so many beautiful diamonds on the market that I just didn't see the point in spending that much money. Unless someone is going to look inside your band, they won't know it's a Tiffany, so why spend the extra $$$?

On the other hand, I love Tiffany silver, etc. Even the pieces that don't say Return to Tiffany are often "signature" looks and people who know jewelry will appreciate the piece. But diamonds are diamonds, IMO.

what size center is that?

Also, depending on the EXACT stone, the prices will or can differ greatly.
im not sure. i wish the website told us!! this girl who lives near by says she got this exact ring for only $3000!! and it came with two diamond bands?? wth? is that even possible? she says she got it in 18k white gold. so thats why my bestfriend wants to know the price, she wants it if its true. (which i doubt) i mean, hello its tiffanys!!

yah shes from the bay. where is jewelry center?? i wanna gooooo. lol. is ur ring similar to the lucida??

The Jewelry Center is at 888 Brannan in SF. South of Market, if you are real familiar with the neighborhoods. You'll have to get a pass from one of the jewelers to get in. It's in a large building and every suite has a different jeweler.

I got my ring at Padis. It's a princess, which is more square than a Lucida, but it works fine for me!

Their website is: http://www.padisgems.com/stores/index.html

There's a pass on their website but it's not for the 888 Brannan location. You'll probably have to email them to get a pass for that building. If you go to Padis ask for Eddie, he's a great guy. (Not sure if he still works there, but give it a shot.)

IMO, the prices at the Jewelry Mart are far lower than anywhere else in the Bay Area. Let me know if you get a pass!

I think going to a big jewelry center would be a great way to comparison shop! When we shopped, it was so confusing. Remember that one ring I liked? Where did we see that again? We were all over town (and all over Philly and NYC too), and it got very overwhelming.

im not sure. i wish the website told us!! this girl who lives near by says she got this exact ring for only $3000!! and it came with two diamond bands?? wth? is that even possible? she says she got it in 18k white gold. so thats why my bestfriend wants to know the price, she wants it if its true. (which i doubt) i mean, hello its tiffanys!!

I really doubt she got the whole ring for that price- aren't their rings sold as separates anyway and not sets? If she did get it for that price, it would likely be the smallest stone available. Someone recently posted a dainty necklace that was platinum and pave diamonds that was a bow or a heart or something in this forum from Tiffany and that piece was 3K. There's a lot of settings that look like this that she could find elsewhere for a lot less, unless she wants Tiffany.

I really doubt she got the whole ring for that price- aren't their rings sold as separates anyway and not sets? If she did get it for that price, it would likely be the smallest stone available. Someone recently posted a dainty necklace that was platinum and pave diamonds that was a bow or a heart or something in this forum from Tiffany and that piece was 3K. There's a lot of settings that look like this that she could find elsewhere for a lot less, unless she wants Tiffany.

no her ring looks huge! ive seen it in person but not up close. i didnt bother to talk to her much on that event. shes a bit snobby. but heres a picture of her rings that shes posted all over the place.

Attachments

• tiffandturt.jpg
    tiffandturt.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 150
^ It is a pretty design, very classic. I doubt she's telling the truth on the cost @ 3k, unless it is a CZ center w/ a look a like setting, or maybe moissanite? Maybe she thinks 3k sounds like a lot of money on an e-ring so that's why she is saying that? But, w/ the Tiffany pricing and her set, it just does not add up to me!

But, w/ the Tiffany pricing and her set, it just does not add up to me!

ITA, if that set is from Tiffany there's no way it was only $3K. That said, maybe her DH stretched the truth and told her it's from Tiffany when it's not? Also, Tiffany doesn't sell their rings in "sets" like she has. Everything is separate.