price USA Vs CAN

karylicious

Oct 26, 2010
Hey girls,

I have been lurking here for a while and fell in love with LV, thanks to all your gorgeous bags! I live in Canada and I am wondering if the prices are the same in Canada than in the USA. Can anyone help me?

V0N1B2

Armchair Supermodel
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2009
It's my user name
They used to be cheaper, not sure if it's still the case.
There is a thread somewhere with all the prices listed, isn't there?
You can also check out both the USA and the Canadian LV website for prices.

TeriT

Feb 8, 2012
As V0N1B2 indicated - yes - they used to be cheaper in Canada (before taxes) - but as of the last price increase they now seem to be more expensive or on par with US prices. I suspect it's related to recent changes in the value of the Cdn $ vs. US $.

Mhicking

May 1, 2014
I'm in Canada and noticed the prices on the US site and Canadian site for the items I was looking at was pretty much the same. I was looking to buy the Artsy which was $20 more in Canada. With the current exchange rate and our higher tax rate it ended up being $30 more in Canada but then I did not have to worry about duty coming back to Canada. Hope that helps.

lvinyyc

Aug 30, 2013
At the last price increase LV increased CDN prices to be slightly higher that US (by 10-15$ it seems). Previously they used to be ~5% less in Canada.

karylicious

Oct 26, 2010
Mhicking, I was thinking the same. For a couple of dollars saved, I won't have to worry about customs.. Is the sales tax in Ontario the same as in Qc?

Mhicking

May 1, 2014
Yes I went to the LV in the Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale mall but they also have an LV boutique downtown Toronto.

Mhicking

May 1, 2014
I really don't know. The Holt Renfrew was closer to me so that is where I went. It was my first LV purchase so I have nothing to compare it to. I was happy with the service I got there and the store seemed to have quite a few people in it shopping around.