Price of new/old screw system on resell market

HAllDay

O.G.
Feb 13, 2008
Hi All! I’m looking to add a love bracelet and this time I’m looking at the preloved market.

Should old screw system bracelets cost less than new screw system bracelets if the condition of both are the same? Also, because I’m looking at rose gold, do older rose gold bracelets have the same rose gold color as the newer rose gold bracelets?

Why did cartier change the screw system? Did the older screw system have major issues or were they just trying to make an improvement?

Thank you!

Hi @jennyy great question, id also like to know the answer to this! Im looking into purchasing one pre loved as well. I live in Europe and I’m also trying to find an alternative site to Vestiaire Collective to purchase preloved. I think VC takes a large commission from sellers, so prices are high(er).

Reactions: HAllDay
Hi All! I’m looking to add a love bracelet and this time I’m looking at the preloved market.

Should old screw system bracelets cost less than new screw system bracelets if the condition of both are the same? Also, because I’m looking at rose gold, do older rose gold bracelets have the same rose gold color as the newer rose gold bracelets?

Why did cartier change the screw system? Did the older screw system have major issues or were they just trying to make an improvement?

Thank you!
Hi there! I can’t comment on the prices but I own a bracelet with the old screw system and I love it more than the new ones. Mine never becomes lose like the new ones do. The only negative in the old mechanism is that because the screws completely come off, some people lost them and went back to Cartier to get them replaced.
But in my opinion the new mechanism is a fail. You need to keep checking the screws and tightening them. If you search the Cartier posts you will find many stories of people who lost their newer love bracelets because the screws would losen and half the bracelet falls off their wrist!
I still want to buy the rainbow love and will have to go with the new mechanism but I know I will be constantly obsessing and tightening my screws

Hi there! I can’t comment on the prices but I own a bracelet with the old screw system and I love it more than the new ones. Mine never becomes lose like the new ones do. The only negative in the old mechanism is that because the screws completely come off, some people lost them and went back to Cartier to get them replaced.
But in my opinion the new mechanism is a fail. You need to keep checking the screws and tightening them. If you search the Cartier posts you will find many stories of people who lost their newer love bracelets because the screws would losen and half the bracelet falls off their wrist!
I still want to buy the rainbow love and will have to go with the new mechanism but I know I will be constantly obsessing and tightening my screws

Thank you for your insight! Do you know why cartier changed the system? Is it only because people were losing their screws when taking it off?

This is correct. At least this is the reason being communicated. Maybe there were further production or cost issues we aren't aware of.

I wouln't go that far to say it's a fail - only one of my stack of 6 went lose. They underestimated the issue, though.

This is correct. At least this is the reason being communicated. Maybe there were further production or cost issues we aren't aware of.

I wouln't go that far to say it's a fail - only one of my stack of 6 went lose. They underestimated the issue, though.

I don’t have any issues with my new screw system either. I’ll occasionally just use my nails to make sure it’s tight.

Also, do you have a picture of your stack???

Yeah. Still I was thinking fine but it won't happen to me. Was not amused when my first one started the clicking sound.

I also used my nails. However the pressure is not enough, it'll get lose soon. As you know we aren't supposed to put too much force, too. The risk here is pushing out the plug of the screw system. There was a post with an image here in this forumif I can remember correctly.

When being at a boutique in Paris the lady applied all pressure she could and I panicked.

Also, do you have a picture of your stack???

Just look at my recent posts, I posted a few. e.g. here

Last edited:
Reactions: HAllDay
I'm one of those people whose new screw system (4 diamond PG) Love bracelet has unscrewed and left half the bracelet on my wrist twice (the other half found once in my lap while driving and once in my make up bag while getting ready to go out). I don't wear it too much since then. I wish it was the older system. IMO, the older screw system on the preloved market should carry the premium, not the newer bracelets..

Just look at my recent posts, I posted a few. e.g. here

Your stack is gorgeous!!!

I'm one of those people whose new screw system (4 diamond PG) Love bracelet has unscrewed and left half the bracelet on my wrist twice (the other half found once in my lap while driving and once in my make up bag while getting ready to go out). I don't wear it too much since then. I wish it was the older system. IMO, the older screw system on the preloved market should carry the premium, not the newer bracelets..
That’s good to know that you think the old system should carry a higher premium. Have you tried bringing your bracelet to cartier to see if they can repair?

That’s good to know that you think the old system should carry a higher premium. Have you tried bringing your bracelet to cartier to see if they can repair?
I haven't yet, it's approx a 45 minutes drive to the nearest boutique.. I'm sure they'll try to handle it when I do get around to it, I'm just not so sure there is too much they can do about it..