Price London(UK) vs Paris(FR)

SaskiaS

Nov 18, 2007
Hey Girls,

I was just on the thread chanel prices worldwide and now I am so confussed!:sad:
Some members state that the chanel prices in Paris are higher than in England.
How can this be? The Pound is so high at the moment, and normally everyone considers london as very expensive. Also when I visited my friends who live study there but live in Vienna, Austria, told me that its better if I buy my bags in Vienna, as its less expensive (euro).
So whats correct now?

Can someone help me please!

thanks,

Saskia

I'm not very sure about that (a little confused myself), but I heard that Heathrow airport offers the best prices for Chanel bags. Correct me if I'm wrong :P

Ja I know about the heathrow store but I am mean UK Prices in General in comparism with the Euro. I know that the Chanel bags cost in Vienna (Austria) the same as in France or Italy, cause they have a fixed price and as all these countries have the Euro there is no difference. But I was told, that even if I buy italian or french designers in London there are more expensive as the Pound is so damm expensive. Now I am really confussed..... as in the Pricing thread the other members state that its not like that... hmmmmm:sad:

The ladies on the UK Chanel Club would be best placed to answer this question on Chanel purchases I think. But when I lived in the UK, I always found things were cheaper in France, especially the wine.

Currently the Euro is quite high against the £ which is why prices are very similar.
For example the Reissue in a large is only £20 cheaper in Paris. I am an EU resident so I can't claim tax back.

So to be honest even if you can claim tax back, it doesn't make much difference if you buy it in France or UK

Well, some SAs in Munich and Düsseldorf, Germany, told me that Chanel prices are staple across Europe except for Switzerland, little more expensive. I assume cheaper that London. So, yes Europe is the cheapest for Chanel bags, followed by the Middle East, because we have 0% tax!
HTH

Would someone be able to tell me the price of the jumbos (caviar and lambskin) in both countries please :smile:

(This was the first hit back from a search I did so sorry if I've posted wrongly.)

I called Heathrow to check on Classic flap black caviar silver chain in med/large. The lady there said that the price is 1174.46 pound.

From the search here, the price in Paris is 1550 Euro. Can you please let me know if this is still the case?

If yes, I think with the tax back (12%?), it's cheaper to buy in Paris. Right?

Thank you... :yes: