Price limit

The most I have paid is $600. That was for a woven Caroline that is my holy grail bag. I paid almost that much for a Reed Krakoff Boxer that was 60% off, too. That's few and far between. My rule is to generally only buy when I can get it at least 50% off, because if I wait long enough almost all Coach bags end up on sale one way or another.

It depends on the bag. Regardless of brand, I look at a bag and determine a price in my head that I think is worth it. If the bag is close to that price point, then the bag is mine. That's why I research my purchases. I think it's important to know where the bags are made, the types of leather/hardwear used, that way I can have some guidance in my decision making process.

Btw this is the way I shop. I've been like this since I was really young. I think I picked it up from my grandpa.

The most I paid was $486 ( I think...and that's with tax. ) at the outlet for my lizard embossed Madeline. I felt excited and scared at the same time. I think, depending on the bag, I would go as high as $600...mayyyybe.

I have not paid more than $500 for a coach. I always use PCE or shop at the outlets/department stores. I have some older Kristin's that I bought secondhand. I will say that the most expensive coach I bought new was the Madison gathered twist satchel last august. I preordered it before it was sold in stores and I was very annoyed to see it in the outlets 2 months later for half off. I will not buy a Coach for less than 25% off.

For premium brands like LV, I know I'm paying for the brand. That's why I only have 1 and will never buy another.

I am so spoiled with dept store discounts, FOS and the outlet....$300 is pretty much my limit but I prefer closer to $200 ;) I have purchased 3 great bags that were retailed at $348-398 for about $120/each. Love those deals!

I think the most I have paid was $400 ish. Maybe went over that a couple of times but ended up returning. I start to squeak around $400. Most of my bags are in the $200 range. Heck, a lot of the old outlet finds were $200 or less.

Interestingly, the wallets almost always cost the same or more than the bags. I know Coach says they take more steps and are thus more labor intensive. I get that, I really do. But it's so easy to spend a reasonable $150 ish on a bag then throw an extra $100 at it with a wallet or $150 to $175 if yiu get the wristlet and the wallet. (I'm talking outlet, not FP)

I think the "accessories" is where Coach makes the real money, and the bags themselves are the come-on to get you in the door.

I was just looking through my"collection" for a smaller wallet to put in the Daily (cornflower). I ended up wth the one MK wallet I have, Cannot use the larger wallet I already have, but I have too many wallets to justify another purchase.

Sorry long answer to a short question!

Personally for coach and other contemporary bags I prefer to pay $200-250 or less. Since they always go on sale or to the outlet I don't feel the need to pay more. For designer bags I tend to think about the purchase a lot more so when it comes time to pay, I'm usually ok with the much higher price tag.

It depends on the bag. Regardless of brand, I look at a bag and determine a price in my head that I think is worth it. If the bag is close to that price point, then the bag is mine. That's why I research my purchases. I think it's important to know where the bags are made, the types of leather/hardwear used, that way I can have some guidance in my decision making process.

Btw this is the way I shop. I've been like this since I was really young. I think I picked it up from my grandpa.

This!
With Coach and other contemporary brands that regularly go on sale, I generally will not buy unless I can get at least 25% discount off MSRP, even if I do love the bag. There will always be another bag to love at a price I'm willing to pay!

After purchasing my last LV, I've decided that I won't be spending that kind of money on bags anymore (the only thing that made me smile just a little bit about that purchase was that they raised the price a month and a half later). Usually with Coach, if I really want it, I'll try to wait for a PCE. For bags that I like but don't have to have, I'll wait for a good dept. store sale or FOS/Outlet purchase. My goal is no more than $200, but...;)