Price Increases in February?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the Speedy will increase? It wsan't affected in July. I really want to get one but it's kind of hard right now since I'm hoping to put the money towards the hearts. Anyone who has any info on the Speedy or the Epi Jasmin please let me know. Thanks!

We have no way of knowing in advance which bags will be affected and by how much.

That is likely confidential corporate information that even the SAs won't know until the night they are instructed to re-tag all of the inventory, which will probably be immediately prior to the increase. Even the 7% number is highly speculative at this point.

i always though the price increase is due to fluctuation in the value of the dollar (i don't know if this makes sense... but it's like if the US dollar is strong compared to euro then the euro prices would increase or the us price would decrease etc.) so i'm wrong on this one?

already placed an order for my azur speedy and damier mini acc. pouch out of panic. thinking about the epi lockit I want too but I don't think I can swing another $900....

I am headed to Paris in March I guess I will have to stock up even more than I had planned while we are there! I was only going to meet the limit for myself, but I may have to make DH buy some LV too with this increase! LOL!

We have no way of knowing in advance which bags will be affected and by how much.

That is likely confidential corporate information that even the SAs won't know until the night they are instructed to re-tag all of the inventory, which will probably be immediately prior to the increase. Even the 7% number is highly speculative at this point.

I've actually been told the figure of 7% from 3 boutiques now and with the same consensus from many other members, I figure this information is probably accurate.

I'm guessing that it is worldwide.

I was told that the 7% price increase is slated for February 5th for the U.S., February 6th for Italy and I would assume that goes for all of Europe and probably Asia.

I'm trying to make all of my large purchases prior to that date - The larger price tag means we will be paying even more in taxes. Sickening :throwup:

Thanks so much, scott.cs. I really appreciate the date and percentage amount. I know where I'll be Feb. 4th. :P

i always though the price increase is due to fluctuation in the value of the dollar (i don't know if this makes sense... but it's like if the US dollar is strong compared to euro then the euro prices would increase or the us price would decrease etc.) so i'm wrong on this one?
No it's solely because of the greedy company.

i think it is getting ridiculous...there was just an increase in the middle of summer, and the prices of some of the bags have gone up drastically, like the batignolles that went up 30euros, all the speedies went up 5euros, the trouville is now at 635euros...when i first looked at it last june, it was 600euros! don't they make enough money as it is? (btw, new prices already up on the lv site, france)

Status
Not open for further replies.