Price increase

Barney's already has a couple of items at the new price. I thought it might be a mistake. Sadly, that isn't the case.

The Cabat is taking a huge hit! Yikes! But they are redesigning it so it makes sense.

Wow! Thanks for the update.
I was expecting to see the Veneta on this list. Glad it isn't. And the Mini Roma is relatively new, surprised to see it already affected by a price increase.

The Parachute is on my wish list, but not for that price. :sad:

Barney's already has a couple of items at the new price. I thought it might be a mistake. Sadly, that isn't the case.

The Cabat is taking a huge hit! Yikes! But they are redesigning it so it makes sense.

that is a lot of money for the medium cabat- i would assume the large is going up as well otherwise the medium and large would be the same price. i am glad my cabat collection is complete. i don't think this is a smart move for bv.

Wow! Thanks for the update.
I was expecting to see the Veneta on this list. Glad it isn't. And the Mini Roma is relatively new, surprised to see it already affected by a price increase.

The Parachute is on my wish list, but not for that price. :sad:

i would assume the reason the veneta isn't on the list is that it is being replaced by the re-designed veneta which is at a higher price point.

i'm surprised the large campana isn't on the list. maybe the list isn't complete-

I'm glad I feel like my Cabat collection is complete too! The resale market will be happy about this. The retail prices are starting to feel, not quite prohibitive, but they are getting close to beyond my comfort zone.

that is a lot of money for the medium cabat- i would assume the large is going up as well otherwise the medium and large would be the same price. i am glad my cabat collection is complete. i don't think this is a smart move for bv.

From my SA: the medium Cabat will go from $5750 to $7000 and the large cabat will go from $7250 to $8200.

I wonder if the huge price increase in the medium cabat has to do with the new medium cabat dimensions?

Thanks for the report. That is a huge increase for the medium Cabat. Yikes.

You know, you're right. I take back my earlier comment about "but they are redesigning it so it makes sense." It doesn't make sense. Yes, the dimensions are changing a bit. But really, is it adding that much leather and that much labor to warrant a 21% price increase?

You know, you're right. I take back my earlier comment about "but they are redesigning it so it makes sense." It doesn't make sense. Yes, the dimensions are changing a bit. But really, is it adding that much leather and that much labor to warrant a 21% price increase?
Exactly.
I'm not put off by the price increases of the other bags. $50 on a $2900 bag isn't a big increase.
Remind me though, because when I was at BV in May, I thought I remembered the SA telling me that there was to be an increase in June/July? (I was looking at a Cervo Hobo). I might have my dates wrong. It could have been when I was there in September but it was the woman at the Bellagio that told me that but I thought I only visited the Palazzo store in September.
I hope BV doesn't start trying to pull a Chanel or Louis Vuitton on us, with price increases every quarter. That's been one of the great things about BV, *the prices of their bags haven't really increased much at all in the past five years or so. A Roma was $33-- something in 2010 if I remember correctly. It is increasing $80, which is really only a 2.5% ish increase. Several of the other bags are listed at a similar percentage.
*Other than the Cabat, of course - which is becoming obscene.