Price Increase

Aargh, it gives me a headache to think what prices will be when I'm ready for a Croc!

I special ordered a croc Kelly about a month ago and for a 32 glazed Porosus Sellier with gold h/w and was told that it would take up to 18 months (if I'm lucky) to get the bag and that the cost would be anywhere between $18 - $25k:wtf: due to the anticipated price increases!

Luckily I found one through one of the board members so if and when the SO bag ever delivers, it'll be interesting to see the price!

Lisa

I was just in Chicago and was somewhat shocked when I was shown an Autobus bag in orange togo for $8k! She was trying to explain that the reason it was so expensive (same price as Birkin) was because of all the detail. I was shocked by the price because in 2005 I saw the identical bag for $7k! $1K in almost 2 years?????I told her that for the same $$$ I would rather have the Birkin.

GK, $1000 in two years?:wtf: That's almost like what happened with chevre sellier Kelly 28cm. The price went up by $900 in one year.

Since I won't be getting a raise next year (gotta love politics - I am hating myself for playing by the rules right now), I guess I won't be getting any bags for a while ...

I was just in Chicago and was somewhat shocked when I was shown an Autobus bag in orange togo for $8k! She was trying to explain that the reason it was so expensive (same price as Birkin) was because of all the detail. I was shocked by the price because in 2005 I saw the identical bag for $7k! $1K in almost 2 years?????I told her that for the same $$$ I would rather have the Birkin.

Its true Hermes prices change with every shipment of bags :sweatdrop:

Ony items like scarves and twillies are fixed until they decide to increase the price !

Makes me want to buy ALL my MUST HAVE bags this year :wlae:

Its true Hermes prices change with every shipment of bags :sweatdrop:

Ony items like scarves and twillies are fixed until they decide to increase the price ! Have posted a thread on the increase. As far as I know, the increase for Singapore and Malaysia in on 1st January 2007.

Makes me want to buy ALL my MUST HAVE bags this year :wlae:

What is one supposed to do when almost ALL of the things we see in the store are MUST BUY items.

When I walk into the store, I get woozy - everything calls out to me. I'm serious. I enter a sort of dream state.........:nuts:

"Buy me..."; "Wouldn't you like to wear me with those Hermes trousers you have in the closet?"; "Yes, darling. I am sure even a dizzy queen like you, can carry a 40cm sellier kelly...go ahead. As your boyfriend...no harm asking.".

I special ordered a croc Kelly about a month ago and for a 32 glazed Porosus Sellier with gold h/w and was told that it would take up to 18 months (if I'm lucky) to get the bag and that the cost would be anywhere between $18 - $25k:wtf: due to the anticipated price increases!

Luckily I found one through one of the board members so if and when the SO bag ever delivers, it'll be interesting to see the price!

Lisa

Wow-that's a pretty wide range there! My SA told me that she hadn't seen any crocs come in on order under a year. What a bummer. That's it, I'm just going to have to convince the hubs that it's worth it to buy a vintage one now. :graucho:

for chrissakes.. bad enough i can't sleep.. now i'm just going to be having nightmares over this $$$ increase. crickey! forget about the next decade, it's going to probably take the rest of my lifetime to acquire my wishlist (which by the way is only composed of 4 bags!) argh!!!!