Price Increase

On hermes.com's French site prices are up already. One particular belt was 408 € last week, now 423 e, 90 x 90 scarf was 256 e, now 265 e, pointu from 165 e to 175 e, but then Carmencita from 55 e to 56 e, go figure. Just a few examples I remember the prices for.

and plissés are 305€ from 295€. weren't 90x90 carrés 255€ before?

this is ridiculous, even with the price increases in the US it will be cheaper to buy there :wtf:

:roflmfao: at the carmencita increase :biggrin:

I wish there were such a thing as "bag hedging" like the way the airlines do fuel hedging ... for those of you not familar, fuel hedging is where an airline buys/sells a combination of puts/calls as a form of "insurance" against when jet fuel prices rise....I suppose there's not yet a market in "Hermes futures" though.

Yes I know, I have bizarre thoughts.

this is ridiculous, even with the price increases in the US it will be cheaper to buy there :wtf:

So true, I'm actually thinking about going to New York next, instead of Paris. Even the flights are about the same price, so if dollar still continues to weaken towards the euro, let's meet in NY :smile:

So true, I'm actually thinking about going to New York next, instead of Paris. Even the flights are about the same price, so if dollar still continues to weaken towards the euro, let's meet in NY :smile:

well i am going some time this summer, and i'm going to paris for the sale on thursday so.. well i'm not buying anything at uk retail for some time, that's for sure :roflmfao:

I wish there were such a thing as "bag hedging" like the way the airlines do fuel hedging ... for those of you not familar, fuel hedging is where an airline buys/sells a combination of puts/calls as a form of "insurance" against when jet fuel prices rise....I suppose there's not yet a market in "Hermes futures" though.

Yes I know, I have bizarre thoughts.

You're not the only one jedi! Shame there's no options market for Hermes because they sure are an essential commodity for all of us it seems...

A few tweaks to the MP, a simple order management system, and we may be on to something! Ha, you think Vlad and Megs are interested in starting their own exchange?

Imagine, the commodities market where everyone actually WANTS to take delivery!

Yeap prices went up in Germany as well...the H-belt reversible was 384 Euros just a couple of days ago and is now 402 Euros which equivalents a price increase of roughly 4,7 %.

Same increase (4.65%) applies to a Twilly that I bought in Germany yesterday.
Last year the price was 86 Euros, now it's 90 Euros.

Ugh..I am not looking forward to pay extra for my 30 cm black birkin when it arrives (whenever it is) but the chance is I don't think I will turn down the bag..lol.:crybaby::Push:

I went to the Bond St shop today and got my belt at the old price. The prices in the shops will go up next week. They just increased the prices on the internet so far. The SA said that the prices are going to increase by 15%!!!!

How Much?!!

Sorry, but that's a blatant rip-off:hysteric:. Had really wanted to get the Mawari scarf when it arrived in the UK (I've been watching the website for ages - America has it but not here yet) but don't think I can justify spending nearly £200 on a scarf - even if it IS a gorgeous design.

Me thinks I'll be getting my scarves from Ebay from now on -or going for a different designer.

Just been checking the UK website and on-line the prices have increased from £186 to £192 which is only 6 quid. That's just over 3% which seems bearable but with a Kelly on the way ( hopefully it will turn up this year) that means probably no spring/summer scarf for me to soak up the price increase on my dream - oh well.