Price increase> Why are you still buying?

I have noticed the same thing Rania. Prices in all the luxury brands have gone up, but the quality of bags have gone down. I was especially disappointed in the quality of bags from the lesser known designers who have outsourced production to China, did lots of research, and arrived at the same conclusion as you : Chanel holds its value better !

Asiandiva said:
I have noticed the same thing Rania. Prices in all the luxury brands have gone up, but the quality of bags have gone down. I was especially disappointed in the quality of bags from the lesser known designers who have outsourced production to China, did lots of research, and arrived at the same conclusion as you : Chanel holds its value better !

That's so true. Nothing beats Made in France or Italy when it comes to bags :smile:

I would say it's the brand name. The way this brand is positioned in the consumer's mind. And of course the quality of the bags, the design and material. Who can deny the good feeling of carrying a Chanel? Have you noticed the attention you got when you are carrying a Chanel bags?especially when you are in designer boutiques? The SA tends to give you more attention even if you are just browsing at the store.

I actually said about a year ago that I would stop buying Chanel bags...but since I started collecting CC late, I have purchased more bags since. There are so many other bags that I want but I just don't agree with all the changes that Chanel has made (ex. Changing hardware, double flap jumbos, etc.). I am increasingly tempted to make the switch to H but at the same time I'm worried that I would never be able to sell 3-4 of my Chanel bags for one H. :confused1:

7 years ago I bought a small2.55 / rose pink in Dubai,, it just cost 1300 us dollars after 20% discount, since that day I never ever see Chanel hs any discount in any of store. With the price today, I will not buy Chanel purse anymore, I rather to spend more to buy Hermes.

I'm contemplating my second Chanel bag but it seems Chanel has way too many price increases too frequently. I see many people complaining about it, and yet many are still buying Chanel bags.

May I know what drives you buy these bags even though the price hikes are nuts? It's the same item that can be bought a few months ago at a few hundred bucks less. So why the insanity? ANd it's not as though the customer service and quality of these bags have gone up in proportion to the price increases.

Share your thoughts will you? :smile:
I know what you mean... I don't know why they are doing it...

I think Chanel bags are an investment. Much like real estate I have enjoyed a particular designer bag for a while and moved on to something else and have been able to sell the bag for more than I paid for it, even with it being used.