Price Increase - regrets

imfabulous

May 6, 2012
Prior (2 weeks) to price increase I have managed to get a MG Cles, MG 6 Key Holder and a bloomsbury PM since the GM is no longer available. I was stupid enough not to get hubby the Damier Graphite 6 Keys Holder for our Anniversary not knowing that the price increase would happen this sudden here in Dubai. I should have listened to everyone and Now i have to pay AED 200 ($55) more to get it. Its not much money but I am just beating myself for not listening to my instincts. Do I sound crazy? Darn.

That was quite an increase! I had been wondering when the price increase was happening there. My Husband flew to Abu Dhabi a few days before the increase was happening here in the US. I had wanted him to get me something from the LV there but also wanted to make sure I got it before the increase. I wasn't sure when he would be able to get to the boutique there between his business meetings on this trip so I ended up ordering it from here. He just got back home and so far he hasn't given me any brown boxes but also the airline has lost all his checked luggage so I may never know. :crybaby:

It's not crazy. You are paying more for the same thing and it bothers you, I totally understand.

When I first looked at the mon mono speedy it was $980, after this last increase it's like $1,240! :pout: I can't justify the price when I know what it used to cost. I keep hoping one day I'll run across one pre-LVoed with my initials.

My regret is not getting the Lumi before increase. I feel you though....it's hard to purchase a bag knowing what it used to cost! Oh well...after the Lumi purchase, I'll be content! I will only purchase newer bags from this point on.

Guys I still stand by my feelings that these bags, particularly the canvas ones are already just incredibly marked up. The question remains how much of a mark up is someone willing to spend for the name. You should not feel bad about spending, whether it is before or after the price increase, and I will explain why below.

Take for example the NF. If you told the average person that you spent, say, $300 on a canvas coated bag with a little leather trim, they might think you were nutso. Yet many of us, myself included, have been spending $900+ for a NF because it is a LV.

Everyone has to draw a line somewhere for themselves as to what they will and will not spend, but lets keep it in perspective. It is not as though $900 was a perfectly reasonable price for a canvas Speedy, but now $1200 is absurd. They are both absurd. And sometimes I think *I* am a bit absurd for paying either price and loving the bags, but just like everyone else, they make me happy.

LV is the most popular, the most imitated, the most desired, luxury brand on the planet right now. I don't blame them for marking up the bags....it's good business, and plenty of people will still pay. Additionally when they release info about a price increase they *know* there will be a huge surge of buying prior to that increase. That is as genius as the increase itself. Talk about a win-win for LV. Not only are people forking out more after the increase, they are forking out like crazy before the increase....how does that song go....money, money, money, MONAAAY :smile:

These bags are expensive. They will just become more so. If you love them, enjoy them. No regrets. It is just *business*. Everyone will go through this all over again with the next price increase. Just enjoy your bags :smile:

Hi. I was thinking of getting the new spring summer collection of Damier Ebene Cabas tote which was $2450 at the time I checked (Saturday), I thought about it really hard because it was expensive. And when I decided to get it on Monday, that's when the price increased kicked in. It went $200 more and not available for online shopping anymore . It must not meant to be. But I still kind of regret it.

Hi. I was thinking of getting the new spring summer collection of Damier Ebene Cabas tote which was $2450 at the time I checked (Saturday), I thought about it really hard because it was expensive. And when I decided to get it on Monday, that's when the price increased kicked in. It went $200 more and not available for online shopping anymore . It must not meant to be. But I still kind of regret it.

I'm confused. I am newer to LV, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does that mean they havev discontinued that item? Or does it mean it is out of stock? I get confused about limited edition type items with LV, was this a limited item? I am still learning. :smile:

I remeber when UAE was the cheapest country to buy them in with the exchange rate and all.
No dont kick yourself. there are worse things that 50 could be wasted on.

I'm confused. I am newer to LV, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does that mean they havev discontinued that item? Or does it mean it is out of stock? I get confused about limited edition type items with LV, was this a limited item? I am still learning. :smile:

Plus the general public usually only buys 1 in thier life time to real that gol of getting Louis Vuitton. It is not a habbit for them to consistanly think about buying the next one. They are happy with thier one purchase. Liking the ONE they have and not planning to buy the next so soon.

I bought a few pieces I wanted to have prior to the increase. Currently there is nothing I really desire. I have a lot of handbags & accessories from other brands that are in my personal collection that I also love. Going forward I plan to be more selective in the pieces that I do acquire & try to get them during trips to Europe instead of buying them here in the US.