Price Increase - regrets

:loveeyes:
Not long. I just bought her this month, I have wanted her for a while but chose to get the DE NF first because I felt it was a more practical bag for winter. I have only carried her three times, and plan to carry her tomorrow. It is harder to carry the DA in winter when it's snowing or raining, but it is supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I have been mixing her with greys, dark blues and black with whites and scarves with blue shades in them to bring out her winter look. Have a great time with yours! :biggrin:

Sounds very nice how you will wear your NF DA! Maybe you can post pictures? I hope, weather will be fine at your place :biggrin: I almost can't wait to take mine out the first time! I also got my NF DE first. It's so great to share the love for these bags with somebody who understands!

Guys I still stand by my feelings that these bags, particularly the canvas ones are already just incredibly marked up. The question remains how much of a mark up is someone willing to spend for the name. You should not feel bad about spending, whether it is before or after the price increase, and I will explain why below.

Take for example the NF. If you told the average person that you spent, say, $300 on a canvas coated bag with a little leather trim, they might think you were nutso. Yet many of us, myself included, have been spending $900+ for a NF because it is a LV.

Everyone has to draw a line somewhere for themselves as to what they will and will not spend, but lets keep it in perspective. It is not as though $900 was a perfectly reasonable price for a canvas Speedy, but now $1200 is absurd. They are both absurd. And sometimes I think *I* am a bit absurd for paying either price and loving the bags, but just like everyone else, they make me happy.

LV is the most popular, the most imitated, the most desired, luxury brand on the planet right now. I don't blame them for marking up the bags....it's good business, and plenty of people will still pay. Additionally when they release info about a price increase they *know* there will be a huge surge of buying prior to that increase. That is as genius as the increase itself. Talk about a win-win for LV. Not only are people forking out more after the increase, they are forking out like crazy before the increase....how does that song go....money, money, money, MONAAAY :smile:

These bags are expensive. They will just become more so. If you love them, enjoy them. No regrets. It is just *business*. Everyone will go through this all over again with the next price increase. Just enjoy your bags :smile:
Very well said. I agreed with you. As long as we are happy and willing to pay for it, just enjoy the bags. Prices will always go up and it's up to us whether we are willing to spend that money.

I love and will continue to buy :smile: but if the speedy breaks 1000 bucks I'm out. It's crazy to think I paid 250 bucks less for my neverfull than it retails for now......helps me justify the replacement of the trim :smile:

I knew that one day we'd get to the point where we'd be seeing prices near $1,000 for Speedys and NF's...but somehow it's still kind of a shock (for me, at least). I guess it's because I know what I paid for my NF GM 3 years ago. It was $750 then. Damn! That price seems like a fantasy now! I'll still buy LV though, because I love it so much.

I think too that if u bought an item just before the price increase that u should be able to at least exchange it for another item for pre price increase prices. Makes sense for them cuz u usually spend more on an exchange anyway.

Also say u get one bag just before the price increase and u decide u want a diff color or pattern in the exact same bag. Will they let u exchange it for a diff color evenly without paying any extra?

If it's the same bag in a different print, your SA might be able to do an even exchange. I bought an azur speedy on line just before a price increase but decided I wanted an ebene speedy instead. I took it to the LV near me and they refused to do an even exchange so I left with the bag. It was only a $50 increase then, but I did not feel good about paying it. At that time, I did not have a relationship with an SA. I only owned a few pieces most of which I bought online. A couple of weeks later, I was in another LV boutique to order my mon monogram speedy. The SA was really nice and I told him about the bag and he was willing to do an even exchange. Needless to say, he's the only SA I buy from now.