price increase panic... what to buy?!?

Gyioia

O.G.
May 23, 2011
Hi ladies,
it hasn t been long since you advised me and now I need your help again :smile:
Rumors about price increase are driving me crazy and even though I just bought my delightful pm I want to buy more but I unsure about what to buy!

I want a classic piece that will work well for me for a long time.
Already own damier ebene speedy35 but I m trying to sell it and go for 30.
Just dont works for me as it should.
Luckily it s MIF so I hope I ll make it out.

My dilemma is between
*idylle speedy fusain that I like so much but I m so scared about fabric quality :sad:
*eva in mono or ebene
*westminster gm
*totally pm in azur
*speedy30 in azur
*buying a ebene speed before I sell my 35 in size 30 or 25

problem is what if I don t sell it and end up with 2 same bags! what do you think?
if we weren t expecting price increase I would probably wait for the spring and buy only pochette in damier and maybe a cles ( I own mono pochette) but don t want to risk greater price increase.
how much will they increase price ?

what do you think I should do?
I want classic piece to fulfill my tiny collection :sad:

Reminder that there's no selling/buying/trading on tPF.

I m not selling anything, I just wanted to get advice about buying a new bag and I explained my situation about buying ebene speedy in different size before I ve sold one that I already own.

how old is your speedy idylle?
do you get more use from speedy or from the eva?
can eva strap fit speedy? (I wonder if I buy damier eva could I use strap on speedy)

Since the speedy is larger, i use it more often since i take it to work. The eva is fabulous for evenings out or when i don't have to carry a lot of things (easily fits zcp, phone, digital camera, key holder, lipsticks...). I love my eva for shopping so i can go aboutnmy business hands free! I recently used my eva when i went to disney world over thanksgiving. I got my idylle speedy last august.
In theory you could use the eva strap with a speedy, but it is much thinner than the strapcfor the idylle speedy. The strap is probable half as wide as the idylle speedy strap. Also the eva strap is not adjustable and my eva hangs pretty low on me.

Okay, so you are asking which one will go up the most? They will all go up about 10-15%. Here are some number that I can remember. My vote will be
*westminster gm
It is still it debute price. Buy now... it will go up at least $100.
This is the CHEAPES (unless purchased used) you will ever get.
That is why, I am a firm believer "if you like it when it comes out, get it." LV prices only goes up never goes on sale.

*idylle speedy fusain that I like so much but I m so scared about fabric quality :sad:]
Don't buy because you'd be too afraid to use it

*eva in mono or ebene
Will go up probably $50. It has been the case in the past three increases. $495, $550, $600, now $650. So I am guessing $695.

*totally pm in azur
If I remember it correctly, debuted $750 or $795. Now it is $970. It will go up about $90 stop just shy of $1100.

*speedy30 in azur
Speedy prices usually don't go up a lot $20-$40. They will try to keep it under 1k for as long as they can. So I don't think there is hurry for that.

If you don't have a clear bag in mind that you absolutely need or that you know you'll buy, I recommend not going with the price increase hype and buying something you don't love.

The euro is going down so they have no excuse for a price increase. What if they had a price decrease like 3 years ago? It happened after price increase rumors.

thank you so much for these information!
how much do you think idylle will increase price?
i love the look so much but you re right, i ll be too afraid using it !

Okay, so you are asking which one will go up the most? They will all go up about 10-15%. Here are some number that I can remember. My vote will be
*westminster gm
It is still it debute price. Buy now... it will go up at least $100.
This is the CHEAPES (unless purchased used) you will ever get.
That is why, I am a firm believer "if you like it when it comes out, get it." LV prices only goes up never goes on sale.

*idylle speedy fusain that I like so much but I m so scared about fabric quality :sad:]
Don't buy because you'd be too afraid to use it

*eva in mono or ebene
Will go up probably $50. It has been the case in the past three increases. $495, $550, $600, now $650. So I am guessing $695.

*totally pm in azur
If I remember it correctly, debuted $750 or $795. Now it is $970. It will go up about $90 stop just shy of $1100.

*speedy30 in azur
Speedy prices usually don't go up a lot $20-$40. They will try to keep it under 1k for as long as they can. So I don't think there is hurry for that.

If you don't have a clear bag in mind that you absolutely need or that you know you'll buy, I recommend not going with the price increase hype and buying something you don't love.

nice said,
unfortunatly, my problem
is that I like too much of them :biggrin:
and I m not sure do I need Eva or new speedy :biggrin:

I m just not sure what to get next, since I own
delightful pm
monogram pochette
ebene speedy 35 ( plan on exchanging it for a 30)
sister's mono speedy 25 that I use as it s my own