price hikes?

medicbean

Nov 7, 2010
hey guys,

so ive only just started on my mulberry path but i recently bought a pair of christian louboutins at £375, and realised that just 2 years ago, they were £300, thats a price increase of about 10% a year!!!

i was just curious if mulberry seem to hike their prices up like this every year also?
it seems the priced of designer goods are rising faster than inflation! it makes me want to "stock up" now and not buy for a while..

anyway, kind of a random thread, but i guess im asking
a) if anyone else has noticed that this is happening
and
b) does it affect your buying patterns

bina
xxxx

Yep, the prices have gone up a fair bit year. The OS alexa in oak/black was £795 when it was launched in January. It was recently increased to £895. A substantial jump! With VAT rising next year, expect it to go even higher. As for my buying patterns, I nearly always buy with discount(sales, special offers from retailers or outlets), whenever it pops up somewhere on a style that I love xx

Last edited:
yes they have gone up a lot sine I bought my first mulberry. Now I only think a few older styles are relly worth the price, so I have started looking at other brands an then mainly in the orange zone:love:.

I also really like classic style bags and mulberry don't seem to do many of those any more, so that's another reason looking at other brands for me.:tdown:

My two latest bought mulberry, an oak elkington and a bag in sale that I am waiting for will probobly be my last mulberry.

thats really interesting guys - whew! thats £100 in one year, thats alot..

salikons, if you dont mind me asking, what other designers are you looking at?

i may buy a black printed bays before the new year - kind of as a life time investment..

If you look back over old threads on here, you get an idea about just how much prices have gone up. I am also new to mulberry and I have spent fast and spent hard pre November price hike. I was aware of this and the VAT rise in Jan. Not sure I will buy anymore for a while unless significantly discounted. Happy with my little collection at the mo.

I have started to look at Hermes and chanel and balenciaga
I have a lot of mulberry workhorses, several bays and one roxanne, so from now on if I buy something it have to be something special and really well made. And I found that in Hermes escpecially. But they are so expensive so then it will be bag each five or ten years. But I don't mind. I have a core collection to use and can wait for the rest

Black NVT and black patent bays are both on the my wardrobe sale

Hey Elvis! You mentioned this sale yesterday in the chat thread. I had looked at the site earlier but didn't see any Mulberry discounts there, only regular prices. So is the case atm as well. Am I in a wrong country or should I have an account to be able to see all the sale items?

Pm, you need to have an account and to have bought from them before as it seems that they are only emailing out discount codes to existing customers. Their actual sale starts on 23rd December though so you should be able to purchase at a discount then xx

Pm, you need to have an account and to have bought from them before as it seems that they are only emailing out discount codes to existing customers. Their actual sale starts on 23rd December though so you should be able to purchase at a discount then xx

Oh I see. Thanks for that info too! You are a very informative person! :urock: