price change last week

susan08

May 20, 2015
No one talked about the recent price changes?

My SA told me the price changes happened last Thursday. I checked online price and anything changed. I checked again today and my necklace and bracelets are lower prices now. Sad face ;(

No one talked about the recent price changes?

My SA told me the price changes happened last Thursday. I checked online price and anything changed. I checked again today and my necklace and bracelets are lower prices now. Sad face ;(

I'm guessing it wasn't everything? I'm not very knowledgable on all the prices but for example the mother of pearl Alhambra is 2400. It wasn't previously listed as more than that I didn't think.

Are the online prices the new decreased prices? I read the other thread "current VCA prices" and some of the reported reduced prices are not matching the online site.

While I'm happy about the recent price changes there's also a part of me that is confused about what Richemont is doing...two price decreases in a row in less than a year IMO shows a lack of management or some confusion, there should have just been one bigger one and then everybody could move on...currency hasn't shifted that much since late last year. To keep doing these incremental reductions teaches the customer to keep waiting for more reductions (the opposite of when we all used to rush out to buy before an increase, which VCA probably got too greedy with). There's a part of me of course who keeps hoping they reduce more (so I can get some goodies) but another part hopes they will calm down so we can all purchase with ease, without fear that the same items will be less just a month or so later!

While I'm happy about the recent price changes there's also a part of me that is confused about what Richemont is doing...two price decreases in a row in less than a year IMO shows a lack of management or some confusion, there should have just been one bigger one and then everybody could move on...currency hasn't shifted that much since late last year. To keep doing these incremental reductions teaches the customer to keep waiting for more reductions (the opposite of when we all used to rush out to buy before an increase, which VCA probably got too greedy with). There's a part of me of course who keeps hoping they reduce more (so I can get some goodies) but another part hopes they will calm down so we can all purchase with ease, without fear that the same items will be less just a month or so later!
I completely agree with you!!
While I may be way off perhaps this is an attempt to stimulate sales. I've heard that sales have been very slow for the company. While much of this might be attributable to the current economy I would agree that the company appeared greedy with all the prior price increased. They alienated some customers (including myself) when the prices no longer felt in line with the jewelry's value.
For example, I've been interested in the diamond perlee bracelet for a while but nearly 30k just felt too high for this piece. Perhaps this is partly psychological because I've got other items (diamond VCA) where one could apply the same argument.
I sincerely believe that VCA priced themselves out of their loyal customer market's thanks to corporate greed.
They now risk alienating other customers who might feel resentful that their pieces are decreasing in value.
It's a weird strategy that I don't fully understand and like many, I'm in no hurry to rush out and buy right now.
Exception might be the expected spring launch items on 3/20.

While I may be way off perhaps this is an attempt to stimulate sales. I've heard that sales have been very slow for the company. While much of this might be attributable to the current economy I would agree that the company appeared greedy with all the prior price increased. They alienated some customers (including myself) when the prices no longer felt in line with the jewelry's value.
For example, I've been interested in the diamond perlee bracelet for a while but nearly 30k just felt too high for this piece. Perhaps this is partly psychological because I've got other items (diamond VCA) where one could apply the same argument.
I sincerely believe that VCA priced themselves out of their loyal customer market's thanks to corporate greed.
They now risk alienating other customers who might feel resentful that their pieces are decreasing in value.
It's a weird strategy that I don't fully understand and like many, I'm in no hurry to rush out and buy right now.
I completely agree! Seeing price decreases on items that never go on sale is very odd to me. As a 1x customer (who has opportunity to become a yearly customer) I feel very turned off by the brand. I still have a store credit from the last decrease and am in no rush to spend it now. Prior to this news I was considering the Vintage Alhambra ear clips in all gold or Perlee bangle to layer with my love. However I am not interested in any Van Cleef purchase now.

I completely agree! Seeing price decreases on items that never go on sale is very odd to me. As a 1x customer (who has opportunity to become a yearly customer) I feel very turned off by the brand. I still have a store credit from the last decrease and am in no rush to spend it now. Prior to this news I was considering the Vintage Alhambra ear clips in all gold or Perlee bangle to layer with my love. However I am not interested in any Van Cleef purchase now.

Funny that the same strategy to generate sales might work against them and just turn people off VCA altogether.

I mean who says/dictates what VCA is worth what they charge?

The excuse for these decreases is always an appreciating US Dollar against the Euro and to even out prices across markets. But on the very said day of this decrease, the US Dollar depreciated against major currencies because of the move by the Feds to raise interest rates.

Too many variables in a fickle global market at this time.

Funny that the same strategy to generate sales might work against them and just turn people off VCA altogether.

I mean who says/dictates what VCA is worth what they charge?

The excuse for these decreases is always an appreciating US Dollar against the Euro and to even out prices across markets. But on the very said day of this decrease, the US Dollar depreciated against major currencies because of the move by the Feds to raise interest rates.

Too many variables in a fickle global market at this time.
To my knowledge the Cartier Love Bracelet has not changed prices in the past few years in the US. Aren't Cartier and Van Cleef under the same parent company? Why drop prices in one brand and maintain another if it is due to dollar strength? Imho I think that Richmont must have seen consistent sales in Cartier and have seen a drop in Van Cleef in the past few years. Furthermore I think that the company is trying to determine if it is price that keeps buyers away from Van Cleef.

To my knowledge the Cartier Love Bracelet has not changed prices in the past few years in the US. Aren't Cartier and Van Cleef under the same parent company? Why drop prices in one brand and maintain another if it is due to dollar strength? Imho I think that Richmont must have seen consistent sales in Cartier and have seen a drop in Van Cleef in the past few years. Furthermore I think that the company is trying to determine if it is price that keeps buyers away from Van Cleef.

Actually I believe there was a price increase on Cartier loves but then due to dollar fluctuations there was a decrease again. I think there's a tank watch that also has dropped in price. If vca is dropping prices as a result of these fluctuations then Cartier ought to be doing it to along with all the boutiques. Frankly 6300 is a bit much for an 18k gold bracelet. Yes I know it's mostly the name but still. As I recall just a decade ago these were like half the price they are now. I know everything increases over time but that price jump wasn't just due to currency fluctuations imo. Buyers weren't born yesterday.