Price adjustments during holiday sale

kris93

Oct 11, 2008
midwest
has anyone been able to get a price adjustment during this weekend or any other holiday weekend where they did the additional 10% off? i called my outlet today and the sa said no...well at first she didn't even know what a price adjustment was. she was like "what do you mean?" and i had to explain to her that i bought something a few days before the holiday weekend and so would i be able to get a PA on it, then right away she's like "no we don't do that" ...now i'm wondering if she just didn't want to deal with me cause i'm inquiring about PAs or what not....or is that coach policy for no PAs during holiday sales?

shellindc

Coach-ified!
O.G.
Jan 7, 2008
NoVA
I was at my outlet this morning and since all my drama w/ the PA on the Amanda satchel, I actually read what the coupon said (I'm paying more attention to the small print these days); the 10% coupon says "Not valid on prior purchases" or something along those lines.

Butterlite

Art Is Everywhere
O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
Dallas
ya, but why couldn't you just return and re-purchase it with the 10% discount? Ya I wouldn' have taken an SA's opinion if she didn't even know what PA was in the first place. It really does depend on who you talk to... If you went in I bet the manager would do it for you... They are usually pretty awesome about stuff like that especially if they still have that same item on the floor. They want to sell and they want you happy and back spending more money, and you are more likely to spend more money if they treat you real nice.

kris93

Oct 11, 2008
midwest
ya, but why couldn't you just return and re-purchase it with the 10% discount? Ya I wouldn' have taken an SA's opinion if she didn't even know what PA was in the first place. It really does depend on who you talk to... If you went in I bet the manager would do it for you... They are usually pretty awesome about stuff like that especially if they still have that same item on the floor. They want to sell and they want you happy and back spending more money, and you are more likely to spend more money if they treat you real nice.
yep, i was thinking my other option was to do a return and repurchase, only thing was that i wasn't there in person and i was planning to ask about over the phone PA since i live two hours away, since i had heard some outlets have been willing to do that. i agree, you'd think they want you to be a happy customer therefore going back and buying more...oh well i'm still happy with what i got so i won't fret about it.

DisneyFun

O.G.
May 22, 2008
Sunny CA
yep, i was thinking my other option was to do a return and repurchase, only thing was that i wasn't there in person and i was planning to ask about over the phone PA since i live two hours away, since i had heard some outlets have been willing to do that. i agree, you'd think they want you to be a happy customer therefore going back and buying more...oh well i'm still happy with what i got so i won't fret about it.
Technically, you cannot re-purchase what you just returned. Someone ELSE can immediately purchase what you just returned. I actually did some shopping the day before the 10% coupon came out and I went back to the outlet the following day with a return and I asked about a PA since I had the receipt with me in person and it was just one day prior! No deal--I could not get any PA. As someone else mentioned, if the item is still available on the floor, you can always buy the item on the floor with the 10% discount and later return the one purchased without the discount. I guess I can understand why they do it this way. Otherwise people would come one, two, three days prior to a major holiday and get "first dibs" on the goods then try to get PA later if the 10% holiday coupons are here to stay.