Price adjustment??

^^thx sooo much for posting that!!! That is info I sure did not know.

mylilsnowy - no, not yet. I will most likely get it after Xmas but I'm going to see what Lisa Hamlin says abt the adjustment first.

My SA actually called me and told me to come in and buy what I wanted for 30% off and to come back the day after Christmas and she'd do a price adjust for the additional 50% off. I won't say which store or SA but if you have a good relationship with your SA you've got a decent shot.
GL!

My SA actually called me and told me to come in and buy what I wanted for 30% off and to come back the day after Christmas and she'd do a price adjust for the additional 50% off. I won't say which store or SA but if you have a good relationship with your SA you've got a decent shot.
GL!

your SA is so nice for doing that!

I guess if I am in states I can always bring my stuffs back and ask them to do price adjustment?( I mean or I re-buy them). But I actually live in Canada, I am just thinking is it possible for them to refund me without doing RE-PURCHASE again. I will try to figure out, and keep you updated!!

Well I got back from visiting my NM today to look at the new inventory and found a Prada bag (yes I know, not Chanel but my :heart: belongs to Prada also :yes:) and had her hold the bag for me until I have a chance to come back tomorrow. Well I asked her if she was willing to do a price adjustment for me after Xmas. At first she was reluctant until I brought up the NM policy that aptmtb so graciously posted. Then she stated well if that's policy, then I'll work with you any way I can. Gee thanks for working w/ me but duh, it's NM policy so you have no choice!!! lol

Soooo, this means that I'll get a great deal on the Prada and then will get the dark grey 8 knots tote bag at a great deal as well! Merry Christmas to me!! Yahoo!!

GL!

:woohoo: That's ab fab! What a nice SA! Good for you! I wish mine was like that but I haven't worked with her for a long time yet.

Does NM usually do a 50% second cut the day after Xmas or does it depend on the store?

yeah...I got 3 bags from Lisa, since everyone here says she is very nice!! I called early today, her assistant name Annie said NO PRICE adjustment...even though I got them within 10days....sigh!! I thought I could save some money...guess not now!!
Here is the actual policy stated at neimanmarcus.com : "
Prices are subject to change. Excluding LAST CALL ONLINE CLEARANCE merchandise, we offer a one-time (single order) refund or adjustment for items purchased within 10 days of a price adjustment. This includes permanent Sale items and excludes temporary special promotion items and LAST CALL ONLINE CLEARANCE items. For questions and adjustments call 1-888-888-4757."

I would think that the only challenge you may have is that the b&m neiman stores always claim that they have different inventory and such, but at the end of the day, you just have to remind them that it's the same company!

this is the most explicit policy I've seen. Saks does not have it posted and Nordstrom is more generic.

What were the 3 bags? did you buy it from one SA? I have found that I am most successful in getting a price adjustment when I have a relationship with the SA and I don't ask them to do anything they would get in trouble for...
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/category/assistance/service/shoppingOnline.jhtml#priceadjustments

I think that's terrible. Have you tried and asked if you could return on one card and buy back on another? If they don't help you, I say return them!

What are the 3 bags? I have very nice and accomodating SA's and maybe they can help you find them AT MUCH LESS! :smile:

yeah...I got 3 bags from Lisa, since everyone here says she is very nice!! I called early today, her assistant name Annie said NO PRICE adjustment...even though I got them within 10days....sigh!! I thought I could save some money...guess not now!!

Eek! Did you tell her about the explicit NM policy? I'm going to print it out when I go back there on the 26th. I picked up a Prada bag today and confirmed 2x w/ my SA about bringing in the receipts (purchased 2 bags so far) for the adjustment and she said she doesn't see any problem with it but she's going to run it by the manager first.

Does anyone know if second cut is 50% off orig price across the board (every NM)? I overheard an SA talking to another customer stating it would only be 10-15% more of a reduction on the 26th>>:confused1:

I don't live in states....so I guess that's the matter...I actually live in Canada, and my family just received bags for me today!! So you guys think that would be a good idea if I just fly over to take care of this issue? Like...I return and re-buy everything? I feel so sad...

I think you should return the bags you bought from Lisa if she is unwilling to do a price adjustment for you.

Then I think you should re-purchase the bags from some other SA or some other stores. There are VERY NICE SA's out there who would love to make a sale.

There are still plenty of Chanel bags out there ON SALE! I recently got the Cloudy Bundle, 8 Knots, and Envelope bags from stores outside my state of residence.

Good luck!