Previously Owned Goyard Pricing

I would like to add that where I am based (London), Goyard will not tell you over the phone any prices and instead tell you to come to the store. Impossible to check any stock either.
I find the lack of transparency very annoying, but thanks to TPF, I already knew the price of the bag I wanted, and managed to make an order through their distanced sales service.

BTW I went to a boutique today looking to purchase two St. Louis bags. they only allowed me to purchase one - apparently you are limited to one St. Louis a quarter! Sales person did say however that there were no limits for any of the other bags.
Strange. I also purchased a GM and a PM St Louis in the space of two weeks.

But my point it, Goyard St Louis for example is not rare? Particularly in the classic black print? It is readily available at the stores, one phone call and a bank transfer away. So why pay premium to buy it used and without guaranteed authenticity?

The only reason I can see is that people just don’t know. Goyard’s website indeed doesn’t help. It seems to have been intentionally designed to encourage opacity and confusion...
My thoughts exactly.

I just ordered an Artois MM from BG and it couldn’t have been easier. They will ship 2nd day air (and didn’t charge me for shipping), I was able to use my store card, and the salesperson was a delight! While ordering in Paris would cost hundreds less, until we can travel again this seemed completely painless and a joy. My Artois MM in Black and Tan was $1945.

Reactions: thatgirlinnewyork
But my point it, Goyard St Louis for example is not rare? Particularly in the classic black print? It is readily available at the stores, one phone call and a bank transfer away. So why pay premium to buy it used and without guaranteed authenticity?

The only reason I can see is that people just don’t know. Goyard’s website indeed doesn’t help. It seems to have been intentionally designed to encourage opacity and confusion...
Goyard is not the only brand that's overpriced on Rebag. This YSL Mini Lou is priced at $1480 USD when retail is $1190, and pretty easy to find as it's usually in stock at YSL, ssense, and the like.
There's something sus going on with Rebag. Either that or we're missing who the target market is supposed to be. In another thread I was told by someone that the bags are sourced in bulk in China? Not sure what that is supposed to indicate however.

So glad I found this post, thank you for asking this question. I have been wondering why someone is selling the goyard senat for double the price of a new one... I kept thinking am I missing something? I guess people are willing to pay a premium even on non rare items...

I was wondering the same thing! I purchased a Artois via email/distance sale from goyard 7 months ago and it was the easiest thing. When I made an inquiry they got back to me the next day and the process was super quick.

Interesting. I was wondering the same. I was actually surprised when I was quoted the price of a classic black in store as I thought it’d be much higher in face of pre-loved prices, crazy! but a nice surprise in any event :biggrin:
I am buying remote from the Paris shop and they have told me that:

”We would like inform you that distant purchase payments shall be executed through bank transfer.
The according shipping fees would include transportation, all covering insurance and local applicable taxes.”

I really do not see why I‘d pay hundreds euro more for an item which has been used and whose authenticity may even be in doubt instead of cheaper direct from the store??
May I ask if you purchased at a distance from Paris? How was the process? Do you feel you paid more than if you ordered from a Goyard boutique in the States?

May I ask if you purchased at a distance from Paris? How was the process? Do you feel you paid more than if you ordered from a Goyard boutique in the States?
Yes, I bought from Paris but I am in Europe, so I have no idea what is the price in the States.
The process was very smooth and easy, but again, I am within the EU so no taxes and so on.

I think pricing is hard to find, I assume some people think they’re getting a deal without doing much research on current availability and pricing.