Preventing loss of shape for mini flaps

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello ladies and gents. For those of you who have owned mini flaps for a while, what are some things you do to prevent sagging/slouching in the leather? How can you best maintain the rigidity in the shape of the bag? I know lambskin is pretty delicate and stretches with time, but are there methods to prevent this from happening as much as possible? I really dislike the look after loss of shape that I have seen on some of the older bags, especially on the square minis. I currently have a lambskin chevron square mini but don't carry as much as I would like because I don't want the leather to stretch. Any tip/advice that would alleviate my "fear" would be great! Thanks in advance! :flowers:

2. like you already mentioned, don't overstuff it. that's the best way to make the shape distort and never come back. i am guilty of that - i overstuffed the square from time to time and the leather stretched out on the sides and bulges. it won't go back to normal. it happened over 5 years though and not right away. i use a cotton t-shirt inside to keep the general shape.

Junke likes this.