Preventing/Fixing toe box wrinkles

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone have suggestions with how to minimize the look of toe box wrinkles? It seems to happen more on point toe shoes, but I've seen it on round or almond toes as well.

I am looking at a pair of used Jimmy Choos that have some slight wrinking and wondering if there's a way to improve the appearance.

Here's an example of some Manolo Blahniks that have similar wrinkling to the Choos I'm looking at.

daisy999

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
Unfortunately, there probably isn't much that you can do to minimize those wrinkles. There is no way to prevent wrinkles unless you either never wear the shoes or you never flex your foot while wearing them (which obviously will come at a cost to your body, so I don't recommend it...shoes are cheaper to replace/fix than spines or knees or ankles!). Once wrinkles have formed, the leather will have a tendency to bend there again once the shoe is flexed. I have heard of people "steaming" shoes to remove wrinkles (put a wet cloth over the wrinkles and pass a cool iron over it), but as you might guess, the wrinkles will come back as soon as you wear them again.

You can help prevent the problem from worsening. Higher end men's shoes will come with shoe trees to hold the shape of the shoe when they are not worn, and you can try something similar by stuffing the toes of these shoes. Also, keeping the leather conditioned and polished will also help. Other than that, you'll just have to accept the wrinkles as part of the "character" of the shoe.

Mar 26, 2009
Unfortunately, there probably isn't much that you can do to minimize those wrinkles. There is no way to prevent wrinkles unless you either never wear the shoes or you never flex your foot while wearing them (which obviously will come at a cost to your body, so I don't recommend it...shoes are cheaper to replace/fix than spines or knees or ankles!). Once wrinkles have formed, the leather will have a tendency to bend there again once the shoe is flexed. I have heard of people "steaming" shoes to remove wrinkles (put a wet cloth over the wrinkles and pass a cool iron over it), but as you might guess, the wrinkles will come back as soon as you wear them again.

You can help prevent the problem from worsening. Higher end men's shoes will come with shoe trees to hold the shape of the shoe when they are not worn, and you can try something similar by stuffing the toes of these shoes. Also, keeping the leather conditioned and polished will also help. Other than that, you'll just have to accept the wrinkles as part of the "character" of the shoe.
Agree with everything said in this post. :smile: