Pretty Warm Shirts?

1. I'm going to NYC in 2 weeks and am looking for a shirt that is both nice looking and will keep me warm at night. I live in south florida and don't have these things. :biggrin: I only have sweaters that I wear to work for the two weeks it's cold here. Here are the pants I'll be wearing, I couldn't find a pic of my leather jacket, but it is a winter white/cream/putty color.

[​IMG]

2. I am not sure if you are looking for casual or dressy. I would suggest a cashmere sweater. Incredibly warm, super soft, and best of all -they are slimmer and not as bulky as wool varieties.

If casual, I would layer a V neck or wrap cashmere sweater over a t, and add some boots to your denim.
    Vneck.jpg

Outdoors, when your jacket is added, you could always wrap a tissue weight pasmina around your neck for a scarf when strolling the city. It adds a great splash of color and is fabulous to wrap up with once indoors and your coat is off.
    Here is a link on ways to wear one:
    How to wear a Pashmina

3. I would go with a sweater in an updated shape. Check out Vince, Theory, BCBG for moderately priced sweaters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theory

Joan Cashmere Sweater

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Luxuriously soft Italian cashmere boatneck with wide, dolman sleeves for a loose, relaxed fit. Ribbed cuffs and hem
    Dry clean
    Imported
    [/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    Alex Gaines
    Catherine Cardigan
    $375.00

[​IMG]
    BCBG Max Azria
    Cashmere Wrap Cardigan
    $288.00

I love this one:
    [​IMG]
    BCBG Max Azria
    Boiled Bouclé Sweater
    $178.00

[​IMG]
    Cynthia Steffe
    Jersey Polo Sweater
    $195.00

4. I ordered one of these shirts after passerby suggested it, it's really cute! I ordered a short sleeved one. But be aware that the shirts run really small, they're American Apparel.

5. Hi vanojr9, hope the shirt turns out cute and fitting comfortably. :smile:

6. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I am going to go with a cashmere sweater layered ... I am am wimp with cold weather, which is why I live in florida :biggrin: and I think that will keep me warmest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice