Pretty Please...Post Your **PEWTER HW** (PH) Babes Club

the bags in this thread.. wow. :drool:

here's my contribution- '04 Pumpkin. discovered I love wearing the bag with winter greys.

Attachments

• 2004pumpkin.JPG
    2004pumpkin.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 513
Gorgeous! We are 2004 Black Flat Clutch and Olive twins (though mine is a first). Nothing beats the early years. :smile:

Wow....great new additions. What else? Hope you add your updated list to the collection list thread soon. Would love to see pics of the new Pewter bags here though...and maybe a comparison shot of OB and VF together. You may be the only person to ever have both of these at the same time!

Wow....great new additions. What else? Hope you add your updated list to the collection list thread soon. Would love to see pics of the new Pewter bags here though...and maybe a comparison shot of OB and VF together. You may be the only person to ever have both of these at the same time!

I second that request! Would love to see them together!

03 Dark Caramel City, 04 Grey Purse, 04 Black City

1352734d1299966408-pretty-please-post-your-pewter-hw-ph-babes-pewter-family.jpg
Hi maxxout! I've looked through some of your posts about your oldies with phw, and wow, you have my Balenciaga dream collection! I love every one of your bags, amazing collection. I'm searching for 03 dark caramel city, 03 olive brown city, 04 grey city and 04 black city with pewter hardware and they seem impossible to find, very understandable though - who would let go of these beauties? Anyway, I look through eBay, realdealcollection, therealreal, bonanza, tradesy, portero, fashionpile, yoogiscloset, vestiairecollective, ******, annsfabulousfinds, malleries every day but nothing. How long did it take for you to find these and do you have any advice? A site or reseller I maybe don't know of? I must add that you carry your bags really really great! Beautiful outfits.

Hi maxxout! I've looked through some of your posts about your oldies with phw, and wow, you have my Balenciaga dream collection! I love every one of your bags, amazing collection. I'm searching for 03 dark caramel city, 03 olive brown city, 04 grey city and 04 black city with pewter hardware and they seem impossible to find, very understandable though - who would let go of these beauties? Anyway, I look through eBay, realdealcollection, therealreal, bonanza, tradesy, portero, fashionpile, yoogiscloset, vestiairecollective, ******, annsfabulousfinds, malleries every day but nothing. How long did it take for you to find these and do you have any advice? A site or reseller I maybe don't know of? I must add that you carry your bags really really great! Beautiful outfits.

Thank you so much, Clarie!

I have posted my collection thread below. Don't know if you've seen it.

Your wish list is great. All of the ones you are searching for are the most basic and therefore would make a perfect collection. It took me about two years to find them all. From March 2010 to July 2012. I haven't bought a bag since, except for one structured Delvaux to round things out.

I found almost everything through Ebay, Bonanza and Real Deal Collections. I attribute my ability to acquire these to several factors.

1. Researching on tPF extensively so that when I saw something I could act quickly without needing to post on the authentication thread.

2. Getting on ebay first thing in the morning. I got the Olive Brown bag (mint) within minutes of it being posted. It looked bad in the photos and the color was off and had the wrong date. I just looked at the metal plate, the hardware and the look of the leather and asked for a BIN. It was on ebay for less than 10 minutes.

3. Asking people who where listing oldies if they had the specific bag I was looking for. I got the 04 True Red City this way. The seller of a bag I did not want said she thought her friend might want to sell her True Red City. A few months later I got an email with images and a price.

4. Telling the retailers what you are looking for. I hounded Corey at RDC mercilessly for 04 Grey, 03 Caramel.

5. Willingness to pay more than the next person. My mint 03 red clutch sat for a week on ebay with bidders. I feel that mint oldies (01-05) are worth more than new retail prices. So I put my high bid in at the last seconds and of course, won the bag....for a good deal less that I was willing to pay.

So, I hope you find them. The hunt is really fun. I miss it. It brought out all my primitive predatory instincts.

oldies collection 2003-2004-2005 (images pp 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 21)

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/oldies-collection-2003-2004-2005-a-722912.html

Last edited:
I've been drooling in this thread for years over all of your amazing bags and finally got a HG today, a pristine Weekender from 2003 with Pewter. Please let me introduce a pile of the softest fluffy leather, and my black pewter family.

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 310