Pretty Piccadilly Rehab!

Collonil doubles up as suntan cream - right? :lol::giggle:

Thank you - She's still a little wet inside, and I have a bit of work to do to the suede behind the postman's lock plate. I may also apply some Collonil shoe cream in Oak to bring back the vibrancy of the leather. :smile::flowers:

The weather is gorgeous! I do hope it lasts into the weekend so I can enjoy it properly!

I meant to say weather ‘is’ lovely....not sure where isn’t came from ...and yes ....collonil = suncream!

Reactions: RebeccaClements
I’m very impressed and would love to see more photos!
I’m so scared of ruining my beautiful Mulberry bags that I’m afraid of even applying Collonil gel
on them, haha, so would never dare to put them in the bathtub to clean them :smile: But I’m so happy you’re
braver than I am, as it’s super exciting to see rehab projects like this! And obviously it’s worth
the time, trouble and nerves if you get an almost brand new bag in return. Piccadilly already looked
so pretty and by then you weren’t even finished with her. Well done, you!

Reactions: RebeccaClements
absolutely mindblowing makeover!! what a great job!
i just can't imagine what one would need to do to the bag to make it look like that??
well done reviving this beauty! :tup:
How is Miss Piccadilly getting on?

I can't wait for the next instalment ! Amazing so far . How is the inside looking ?

I’m also patiently waiting to see the next result. I love these kinds of projects. Great job!

I’m very impressed and would love to see more photos!
I’m so scared of ruining my beautiful Mulberry bags that I’m afraid of even applying Collonil gel
on them, haha, so would never dare to put them in the bathtub to clean them :smile: But I’m so happy you’re
braver than I am, as it’s super exciting to see rehab projects like this! And obviously it’s worth
the time, trouble and nerves if you get an almost brand new bag in return. Piccadilly already looked
so pretty and by then you weren’t even finished with her. Well done, you!

Thank you all! :flowers: I really appreciate your interest! I have a few products that I use.

1. To wash the bag, I used normal detergent liquid-tabs - (non-bio as they are a little gentler for sensitive materials).
2. To dry the bag, I used old towels to stuff the bag whilst it was drying, I also smothered the bag with Collonil 1909 leather lotion at the same time to ensure that it didn't dry out during the drying process. I also hung the bag on the washing line when it was a little dryer as it did smell of cigarette smoke.
3. When the bag was dry, I noticed that the leather was still a little marked, and a little dry, so I purchased some Collonil Bamboo leather lotion spray and treated the bag 4 times - on different days to prevent it from getting too wet.
4. Next, I purchased a 'nubuck block' as the internal suede on the flap was very stained, and realistically, I didn't want to get the bag too wet again. However, the stain on the interior was much more stubborn than I first thought. (I think it might have possibly been Whiskey as it was very strong smelling, and made the leather very stiff! :wtf:)
5. So, I then took a scrubbing brush, and used the bamboo lotion to loosen the stain.
6. Once this was treated, I took the nubuck block and brushed the interior - fishing out lots of hair in the meantime! :-s
7. Of course, the cleaning process did remove some of the dye in the bag, so I then purchased some Collonil leather shoe cream in Oak colour, and proceeded to treat the bag with this, using a combination of application with a soft leather brush and a microfibre cloth. (I did this 3 times).

8. I then left the bag for a few days to let the dye sink on, and I then treated the leather once more with the bamboo lotion to protect the leather, this did not remove the dye thankfully!

Hope this gives a little insight into how I 'revived' her! I love breathing life into tired bags, which I can then admire and use. :hbeat::hbeat::hbeat:

I've just whizzed out into my garden before the heavens open, and I have taken some pics of Miss Piccadilly. I am just transferring them from my iPhone to my Mac to upload them - won't be long! :nuts:

Amazing job. What a labour of love. And some great tips for anyone else thinking of taking on a major project... with the emphasis on major - you have put in so much effort! (which has clearly paid off)