Pretty in Python - A Sssspectacular Reveal!!

oh my ... you knew this post was going to make me jealous :smile:
congrats, it's an awesome bag and pm it looks awesome on you!!!!
where did you find this stunner?

wow that is stunning! the python wow wow. it looks gorgeous on you!

apart from what thithi said to do, i've got a snakeskin mulbery bag and the scales lift a bit around the handles, but not much. mulberry recommended using collonil waterstop spray to waterproof it and protect it from dirt. after it dries, buff it for shine in the direction of scales. i'm not sure if python and snakeskin react in the same way, but mine's been fine in the rain and light snow

Thank you all so much!!

Joke, I wish I had a cloning machine so I could send you one! If I ever see a python Karen you'll be the first to know. This one popped up on ebay and didn't sell so I was lucky enough to work something out with the seller for a re-list.

I was looking at it this morning, though, and I'm disappointed to see that the areas where the bag attaches to the top frame are worn. I'm sure it's not anything anyone would notice but it worries me a bit and makes me wonder what I might be able to do to fix/reinforce those areas. Any thoughts? Here are a few pics:

Attachments

• Python Frame Bag 007.jpg
    Python Frame Bag 007.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Python Frame Bag 009.jpg
    Python Frame Bag 009.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Python Frame Bag 011.jpg
    Python Frame Bag 011.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 62
Here are a few additional pics taken with my "real" camera this morning, too. :smile:

Attachments

• Python Frame Bag 017.jpg
    Python Frame Bag 017.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Python Frame Bag 012.jpg
    Python Frame Bag 012.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Python Frame Bag 014.jpg
    Python Frame Bag 014.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Python Frame Bag 016.jpg
    Python Frame Bag 016.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 53
it's such a rich, luxurious looking bag. :girlsigh:

is that worn bit coming apart from the bag or is the edge paint just worn? looks like it needs to be touched up. i know it's out of warranty for repairs, but i'd email diego anyway to see if he has any suggestions?

Man that is SO incredibly pretty!

The issue with the leather attachment - is it just the trim paint that has worn away, or is the leather actually separating from the bag? I wouldn't worry too much either way. I *think* you could get crafty and repaint the area if that's all it is. If the leather needs reinforcement, you might need a professional.

Overall it doesn't seem to be a huge issue, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

i dont think it's too bad really, and im sure the seller probably didn't even see that. something like that only us purse addicts would notice....but i dont think you'd be out f line to request a 10% discount to get it repaired. :tup:

It's worn down past the edgepaint in a few places so I worry about it pulling away from the frame. I'll see if Diego has any ideas. It's right near the frame on the stiffer, riveted pieces of leather that the rolled handles' lobster clasps attach to, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I definitely think it's something the seller overlooked inadvertently, just as I did last night. It's not like the handles are actually coming loose or anything. The sun is shining today so I may even get to take it for a spin!! :yahoo:

attachment.php

:faint:
i don't have any words for this!!
it's so pretty, wow (it almost looks like the same grey on the smoke capra i have from the side pic you took) you look great carrying it! congrats! hope you were able to take it out today.

sorry about the issues...sounds like everyone has given you some great advice. good luck! :smile: