Pretty in Python - A Sssspectacular Reveal!!

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
Where It's At
Ho. Ly. Hotness. I cannot get over how gorgeous this bag is!! Presenting my new-to-me black python frame bag from '06!!:love:
I actually bought it thinking it was a stam, but it's smaller, more lightweight, and the rolled handle drop is shorter. Fortunately for me, the drop on the chain strap is a bit shorter than a stam as well, so it hangs at a very comfortable height and the chain strap is lighter/more comfortable due to the tortoiseshell links.
The body of the bag is primarily black snakeskin w/ leather trim as well as leather on the sides and bottom of the bag. The hardware is the prettiest tortoiseshell w/ gold accents and it's lined in luscious green leather! :drool:
This was kind of my consolation prize for being unable to score my HG, the black leather Karen, but sometimes things happen for a reason and I'm so glad to have scored this instead!
As for the python, if anyone else has owned an exotic bag and has any suggestions on care and maintenance, I would really appreciate it. This definitely won't be an everyday bag as I want to baby it more than that, but I don't want to be scared to carry it, either. It's too beautiful to leave in the closet! Honestly, it's a work of art. I am in awe!!
*Please excuse the lousy iphone pics - can't find my camera battery charger and was too excited to share!*

Attachments

Awwgeez

Mar 5, 2008
Love Love Love, Love Love Love Love it! Look at you Skinny Minny! You look fantastic, and thissssssssssss little python number is Hot!

HmMmluvthatbag

Breakin' the Bank
Jan 8, 2007
A smaller messy house
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk!

This is one of the all time most gorgeous bags EVER! I can't believe how incredibly awesome it is. Congrats A, this is a PERFECT bag for you!!

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
i don't hate your mailman anymore! this is stunning, and i'm so happy you love it. forget the karen! you've got this sexy thing. you don't need anything else! no, i don't mean that. you don't need anything else right now. :P

as for python care, it's not so much different than regular leather care: no direct sunlight, store in dustbag when not in use, etc. be sure not to use it in rain. there's a chance it could get water damaged. try to avoid using any cleaners not formulated for exotic skins. apple conditioner is supposed to be suited for exotic skins, but i haven't tried it out yet. it could adversely affect the color. use a damp or dry cloth instead wiping in the direction of the scales.

oh, i almost forgot: congrats!

Beany

O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
So much nicer than the Karen, perfect size for you too. Love the chain and the frame. It looks fabulous on you, congrats and enjoy :smile:

acschjenn

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
LA
I've never seen that bag before! It's simply gorgeous!!!! I love the size/drop... everything you mentioned. Congrats you lucky girl!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
The Windy City
I actually think this is much better suited for you than the Karen
it looks fantastic on you - love the tortoise chain and leather lining!
I bet it's kinda lightweight, huh?
I hope you'll take more pics when you find your charger - this one deserves lots and lots of pics!!

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Beautiful bag PM! It's ssssmoking! I'm glad that it arrived today! Congrats and enjoy using it!