Pretty easy way to save for that new purchase this year!

twin-fun

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
I love this easy approach to saving money that was published by Dave Ramsey. While it takes a year if you use this approach, your budget won't feel it. A friend of mine is actually doing it in reverse, starting with week 52 now and going down so she won't have to contribute as much when it gets closer to the year end holidays!

image-2178927119.jpg

I love this easy approach to saving money that was published by Dave Ramsey. While it takes a year if you use this approach, your budget won't feel it. A friend of mine is actually doing it in reverse, starting with week 52 now and going down so she won't have to contribute as much when it gets closer to the year end holidays!
I like this - especially your friend's idea of doing it in reverse - then you've got a double holiday reward - the money saved and the handbag you'll be buying yourself! (because this is related to buying that handbag we all want and don't have the money for right now, right ...?) :biggrin:

View attachment 2011861

Great idea...I just started using ING's online account to have a certain amount pulled out of my account each week for that special purchase.

But Dave would also say to put it in retirement or savings.

haha.... so true.

But, it's the least of all "evils" lol...
- at least at year end, you haven't created debt by buying the bag...

another thing that's great about this is, you plan your purchase... so it's not impulsive.... the chances that you really want the particular bag are higher.
And, once you save the money, you may decide to spend it on something else if that floats your boat. :smile:

This seems really great until you get to week 36 and your balance is $666.00 :lol:

I think that week deserves an extra dollar just for making it that far without spending any of the money.

This seems really great until you get to week 36 and your balance is $666.00 :lol:

I think that week deserves an extra dollar just for making it that far without spending any of the money.

Oh wow, lol! think I'll also add an extra dollar when I get to that point. Great catch :smile:

Thanks OP for the post .. this is a good way for me to save until december for our holiday .. definitely going to start this now ...👍👍👍👍👍

View attachment 2011861

Thanks for this! This is really helpful. :smile: