pretentious much?

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
so my local radio station is having a coahc bag full of cash contest- guess how much $ is in the bag and win the bag and the $. great right? well they r enticing contestants to call in saying oh this special coach bag will put a pop in ur step make u feel great! and im laughing bc i always say that about coach. then the announcer says if u win u can b one of those pretentious girls who carry coach! excuse me? i never saw coach as particularly pretentious.

Hey gabz - also in the same city as you. I heard them ask callers if they've ever owned a Coach bag and make such a big deal out of what it would be like to own "one". I can see some of us calling in and telling them how much Coach we own - they'd hang up on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So, have you ever owned a Coach bag?" "Uh yeah, I have about 25 including accessories." :lolots::roflmfao:

It's funny...but it also puts this forum in perspective.

We, the members, are so saturated in Coach and buying bags in general, that it's easy for us to forget that life outside of here is different. We hear so often that Coach is so pedestrian, so basic, so cheap and so inexpensive and whatever other trash they talk about the brand that it's easy to forget that there are still people who think of Coach as a true luxury. That there are people who have to save for a long time and that they dream about buying a bag from this brand, and hope to **maybe** someday they will be able to afford just one bag for themselves. In real life, there are very few people who can buy the amount of bags we do and as frequently as we do.

So yea, the comment was a little OTT...but there is life beyond this board filled with people who think the same way the DJ does...

Well I will say that to me Coach is still a luxury and I hope I will always feel that way about it. I keep track of all my purchases in a spreadsheet, and since I started collecting Coach last July, I've spent about $2500 or around $280 per month, which seems like a pittance compared to what I've seen some people spend. But I shop carefully and only buy what I love and will use. But it definetely still feels like a wonderful luxury item and I weigh each purchase very carefully.

so my local radio station is having a coahc bag full of cash contest- guess how much $ is in the bag and win the bag and the $. great right? well they r enticing contestants to call in saying oh this special coach bag will put a pop in ur step make u feel great! and im laughing bc i always say that about coach. then the announcer says if u win u can b one of those pretentious girls who carry coach! excuse me? i never saw coach as particularly pretentious.

I live in Aurora, On just outside of Toronto. Just curious where is this happening?

It's funny...but it also puts this forum in perspective.

We, the members, are so saturated in Coach and buying bags in general, that it's easy for us to forget that life outside of here is different. We hear so often that Coach is so pedestrian, so basic, so cheap and so inexpensive and whatever other trash they talk about the brand that it's easy to forget that there are still people who think of Coach as a true luxury. That there are people who have to save for a long time and that they dream about buying a bag from this brand, and hope to **maybe** someday they will be able to afford just one bag for themselves. In real life, there are very few people who can buy the amount of bags we do and as frequently as we do.

So yea, the comment was a little OTT...but there is life beyond this board filled with people who think the same way the DJ does...

That is the truth. I mean I have a few bags but I still think of them as sort of a luxury purchase. I know one girl at work that really sort of makes me feel bad because she is so impressed by them and wishes she could afford one....I feel really bad for her :shame:

I think it depends on where you live too. I've always been a big city girl ( T dot and NYC) so Coach is not considered to be as big of a brand as some of the other most coveted ones on this forum. But it's still not chump change. However I went to visit KY, WV and so forth a couple of months ago and I found Coach was seen a bonafide luxury item there and very high end brand. Being a big city girl it helped put things in prespective!

And everything is a bigger deal to us Canadians I feel coz we aren't as "showy" as Americans ( no offense to any Americans, it just you guys have a bigger country and bigger things!). A $500 purse is a big deal to us. I really hope my post doesnt offend anyone, it certainly wasn't meant to.