pressed powder that is suitable for dry skin ?

roztayger.com

Jul 27, 2012
I am in my 40's and no longer need to use a lot of pressed powder as I am drier on my cheeks now but still need something on occasion for nose, chin... Any recommendations ? I don't want to look cakey and dry.

I have a pretty dry skin type and I tend to use a few powders depending on my mood.

I like to set with something like hourglass ambient lighting powder in dim light because it's kind of radiance enhancing and not heavy.

I also like NYX HD powder or Rimmel stay matte sparingly.

Recently I also have used a setting spray in place of powder as its cold here in the UK and my skin is dehydrated to the max and that works really well!

Does it specifically have to be a pressed powder? The only reason why I ask is that I'm 50+ with dry skin and am impressed with Laura Merciers Invisible Loose Setting Powder when used with a fan type brush. So light and so very invisible.

Does it specifically have to be a pressed powder? The only reason why I ask is that I'm 50+ with dry skin and am impressed with Laura Merciers Invisible Loose Setting Powder when used with a fan type brush. So light and so very invisible.
hi ! I use both (sparingly now... I laugh when I think how much powder I used in my 20s and 30s) so recommendations for both are very appreciated. Thanks and I will certainly look into your suggestion. Many thanks !

thanks so much.. the fan brush I have never tried and I can imagine that helps the application. Thank you. I do like Laura Mercier... good idea.