press marks on the jumbo when wear it in single strap

Oct 4, 2008
Hi, I am a newbie in Chanel coz I just bought my 1st Chanel (black 2.55 medium classic flap in lamb) a few months ago. Now I'm planning to get a red jumbo caviar and I wish that I can wear it cross body when traveling. But I am afraid that this might cause some press marks on the bag when I wear it in single strap. Will this happen to a caviar? Thanks in advance.:biggrin:

In my experience, the strap doesn't cause indentations on caviar leather unless you press really, really hard- another possibility might be if you're carrying too much in the jumbo. But I don't see that happening easily, since caviar leather is pretty durable. You'd only have to worry about lambskin... Even during storage the chains might make marks on the leather.

I meant less soft than lambskin. Sorry for bad english :P
I have a caviar in m/l size and I wear it in single strap and it doesn't seem to leave a mark on the caviar leather. I used to have a Miu Miu lambskin bag and it tends to scratch easily (well also because I'm a very careless and a bit rough with my bags), hence I got the caviar since I read on this forum it requires very little maintenance and holds up very well.

In my experience, the strap doesn't cause indentations on caviar leather unless you press really, really hard- another possibility might be if you're carrying too much in the jumbo. But I don't see that happening easily, since caviar leather is pretty durable. You'd only have to worry about lambskin... Even during storage the chains might make marks on the leather.

Thanks for ur advise, nighteyes.:biggrin:

Press mark? Do you have pictures for us to see exactly what you are talking about? I own caviar flaps and don't see any press marks on mines.

Hi burberryprncess, thanks again for helping me to authenticate the new Chanel flap from ebay. :biggrin:

Sorry I dont have any picture for ur reference. The press mark on my lamb dissapeared after I had rubbed it with my fingers. That's why I was wondering whether this will happen to a caviar or not coz I dont own any caviar yet.

I meant less soft than lambskin. Sorry for bad english :P
I have a caviar in m/l size and I wear it in single strap and it doesn't seem to leave a mark on the caviar leather. I used to have a Miu Miu lambskin bag and it tends to scratch easily (well also because I'm a very careless and a bit rough with my bags), hence I got the caviar since I read on this forum it requires very little maintenance and holds up very well.

Thanks for ur prompt reply, honeyspice.:biggrin:

I have tried wearing it cross body , the cavair jumbo i have , i find that the strap makes my shoulder rather uncomfy, since teh jumbo is a rather heavy purse. But no issues of " press marks " If there are any depression , it went away after i re adjusted to normal shoulder carry ....

I have tried wearing it cross body , the cavair jumbo i have , i find that the strap makes my shoulder rather uncomfy, since teh jumbo is a rather heavy purse. But no issues of " press marks " If there are any depression , it went away after i re adjusted to normal shoulder carry ....

Thanks for ur advise, berniechocolate:biggrin: I think I should reconsider it since it is not so comfy when wearing it cross body. It's true ... the jumbo is quite heavy in weight. :oh:

Press marks go away on caviar. I once had my medium large with me on vacation and I squeezed it into the hotel room safety deposit box and when I closed the door it caused the chain strap to press against it for about 15 hours straight! When I took it out it had very deep impressions on the FRONT of my poor flap! They were deep and so noticeable! Well, I just rubbed them a bit, and thought I'd be stuck with it like that. I later took it out with me. By the end of the night (and a glass or two of wine later) there was no sign of press marks!

Press marks go away on caviar. I once had my medium large with me on vacation and I squeezed it into the hotel room safety deposit box and when I closed the door it caused the chain strap to press against it for about 15 hours straight! When I took it out it had very deep impressions on the FRONT of my poor flap! They were deep and so noticeable! Well, I just rubbed them a bit, and thought I'd be stuck with it like that. I later took it out with me. By the end of the night (and a glass or two of wine later) there was no sign of press marks!

:nuts:Wow! What a miracle! The caviar is really durable. Thanks for sharing with me, Luccibag.:biggrin: