President of beautychoice.com cussed me out in an email :(

Being a customer does not somehow magically make you entitled to more human dignity than anyone else. What makes you think your right to be off the email list is more important than that person's right to be treated with basic respect? And now you want people to say it's ok? Sorry but I have no love lost for bullies. If you find his behavior appalling then lead by example and keep your filthy language to yourself next time.

:yes:

This is so brilliant it needs to be posted again:

I think everyone on this thread agrees that this is atrocious customer service, and that the president of a company should not speak to a customer that way even if they've got it coming.

The reason that is getting downplayed is that bad customer service here is the less striking issue. What jumps out more is the total lack of self awareness or personal responsibility. Instead of thinking that gee, my really rude email got a really rude response, the OP is boggling that her total lack of class and communication skills was with the same. We like to expect that an executive will rise above that tone, but no one acquainted with the real world could really manage to be baffled that nasty email got nasty reply.

I think this obvious reciprocity of bad behavior is what the karma comments are in reference to. The OP handled a situation with childish, impulsive bad manners...and in response, the president of the company handled the situation with childish, impulsive bad manners.

:tup: :goodpost:

It's bad that the president would send an email like this to a customer but the OP stated she didn't buy anything from the company and never will. So I'm afraid you aren't even valued enough to get a nice reply to your classy email because you didn't do business with them. I doubt they know that but it still changes the situation a little.

This thread is ridiculous.

It's bad that the president would send an email like this to a customer but the OP stated she didn't buy anything from the company and never will. So I'm afraid you aren't even valued enough to get a nice reply to your classy email because you didn't do business with them. I doubt they know that but it still changes the situation a little.

A company always wants to grow its business. It is harder to get new customers than to retain existing. Therefore, it would be as important to not be rude to a potential customer.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Yes, what you did was rude, and WOW did she respond rudely (does "yahm" mean what I think it means?!?! Wow again.) HOWEVER, it is always unprofessional, to say the least, to respond to an e-mail in such a manner when representing your company. I disagree with the "karma is a b-" idea here. I've gotten many nasty e-mails from clients (people sure do tend to be nasty when someone is not standing in front of them, no?) but I would never debase myself by responding in kind. I think what OP did was very impolite, but what the prez of the company did was flat-out stupid. Does she want her company to be known that way?

I agree..I guess the prez was really pissed..

This thread is ridiculous.

A company always wants to grow its business. It is harder to get new customers than to retain existing. Therefore, it would be as important to not be rude to a potential customer.

I agree that they should not be rude to a potential customer but the OP isn't one. She had no desire to purchase anything from the site even before the email.

I think everyone on this thread agrees that this is atrocious customer service, and that the president of a company should not speak to a customer that way even if they've got it coming.

The reason that is getting downplayed is that bad customer service here is the less striking issue. What jumps out more is the total lack of self awareness or personal responsibility. Instead of thinking that gee, my really rude email got a really rude response, the OP is boggling that her total lack of class and communication skills was with the same. We like to expect that an executive will rise above that tone, but no one acquainted with the real world could really manage to be baffled that nasty email got nasty reply.

I think this obvious reciprocity of bad behavior is what the karma comments are in reference to. The OP handled a situation with childish, impulsive bad manners...and in response, the president of the company handled the situation with childish, impulsive bad manners.
:urock: :goodpost: :true:

this a great post on all counts.

that said i have learned that the president can easily turn to childish impulses and that will affect how i see the company.

I agree that they should not be rude to a potential customer but the OP isn't one. She had no desire to purchase anything from the site even before the email.

There would be no way for the president to know that though. Just because she "requested" to be removed from their mailing list does not mean she would not have returned to their site at some point to make a purchase.

sorry op, im gonna have to side with the president. 1) you went about unsubscribing the wrong way...your supposed to unsubscribe within the email, and 2) you were rude! ridiculously rude, and over an email? i can only imagine how you would react if they accidentally shipped u the wrong item.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Yes, what you did was rude, and WOW did she respond rudely (does "yahm" mean what I think it means?!?! Wow again.) HOWEVER, it is always unprofessional, to say the least, to respond to an e-mail in such a manner when representing your company. I disagree with the "karma is a b-" idea here. I've gotten many nasty e-mails from clients (people sure do tend to be nasty when someone is not standing in front of them, no?) but I would never debase myself by responding in kind. I think what OP did was very impolite, but what the prez of the company did was flat-out stupid. Does she want her company to be known that way?

right. the President of the company should have responded professonally. Why stoop to the level of the irate customer?

Anyone with a lick of sense in customer service (especially a president) would have written the letter by apologizing to the customer for having a bad experience with them and will confirm that they are removed from their mailing list. Even a form letter would have sufficed.

Leaving a one word response of "f-bomb" just makes that company seem unprofessional. It really makes me question how they operate things.

What happens when another customer complains? Are they just going to get a one word response of the f-bomb?

I wouldn't buy from them.

Last edited:
/\ ITA!!! Seriously...you're the company president. If one grippy email from a customer causes you to act like this, I would HATE to see how you handle rejection in the real business world.