Preserving color on a 2004 turquoise

Gingerbread Cat

Loves Hermes & Bals!
Jan 10, 2010
Los Angeles
I recently purchased a 2004 turquoise twiggy at auction and was surprised at it's condition when I received it--it seems brand new and unused--the handles are perfect, and the color is bright and not faded anywhere. I know these have a tendency to fade badly, though. Short of never taking it out and using it, what do you suggest I do to best preserve it's color? I have the lmb products and I know I should probably apply "for handles only", but what if anything else should I do? :confused1:

silverfern

home sweet home
O.G.
Jun 11, 2008
Australia
I believe lighter colours may oxidise over time regardless of how well they've been looked after but if yours is in such great shape after 6 years I'm pretty sure it'll be fine!

I think keeping your Twiggy out of the direct sunlight is probably the most important thing and a regular conditioning with a product like Apple Care should keep it in tip top shape.

I've found that some LMB products (Pro-treatment or Cleanser) can actually darken leather slightly, especially if the top glaze has worn off (and this isn't always easy to tell just by looking) so just a word of caution. Apple doesn't seem to do that so that's what I use. FHO is definitely worth applying if you're planning on carrying your bag by the handles. HTH :smile:

prism

O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
i might be raving a bit too much about it, but some conditioners from Meguiars have UV protection.

this is a description

Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner goes beyond moisturizing to protecting the leather from the sun. UVA and UVB inhibitors help prevent premature aging and fading. If your vehicle is driven daily and not garage-kept, UV protection is essential to prolonging the life of the leather.
i've used it on all my full leather bags (Mulberry, Givenchy, Chanel, Hermes and of course, also Balenciaga, both lamb and goatskin) and it works wonderfully. if you don't like the smell of it, you can follow it up with LMB's scented Feel Soft.