Presenting Poppy!

Mar 28, 2010
So my little girl was DESPERATE for a black baby girl kitten, we searched and searched and FINALLY saw an ad that we jumped upon, the owners had a black cat that had had a litter of 4 kittens- 3 girls and 1 boy, and at just over 8 weeks old we took one little girl, Poppy. So this is an early Christmas present for my daughter, she still has plenty of toys to look forward to (of course) but i think that this kitten has made her year. Sooo, here she is:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NEW KIT 1402.JPG
    NEW KIT 1402.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 662
  • NEW KIT 1403.JPG
    NEW KIT 1403.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 654
  • NEW KIT 1405.JPG
    NEW KIT 1405.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 659
  • NEW KIT 1409.JPG
    NEW KIT 1409.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 656
  • NEW KIT 1410.JPG
    NEW KIT 1410.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 647
Too cute. I was actually surprised to read you had a hard time finding a black kitten. In general, black pets aren't as adoptable and tend to sit in shelters/rescue groups for a long time. That's how I ended up with my black cat --- no one wanted him. Which was a total score on my part, he's the sweetest cat ever and such a cuddle bug.
Consider yourself warned, black cats are gorgeous but really tough to photograph. My boy is a total ham but he only shows up like a black ball of fur in pictures.

I think black cats look scary but your little Poppy is adorable! I want her sister now! Lol.

Oh you sweet mummy, your girl must be over the moon!

Awww thankyou, yes my daughter is so very happy with her, she is an adorable kitten and seems to of settled in really well, although she is very hyperactive, lol!

How gorgeous is Poppy. So sweet. :love:

She is a total sweety, she loves her cuddles :love:

What an adorable little face! She must be so happy.

Lol she is very happy, apart from when she is chasing her feet under the covers when my daughter is in bed :amuse:

Too cute. I was actually surprised to read you had a hard time finding a black kitten. In general, black pets aren't as adoptable and tend to sit in shelters/rescue groups for a long time. That's how I ended up with my black cat --- no one wanted him. Which was a total score on my part, he's the sweetest cat ever and such a cuddle bug.
Consider yourself warned, black cats are gorgeous but really tough to photograph. My boy is a total ham but he only shows up like a black ball of fur in pictures.

Yes we had a really hard time, i rung around all the shelters in my area but none had any black kittens, and considering my daughter had asked specifically for a black baby girl then i couldn't just take anything else, if it were for me personally then i would of chosen a rescue animal, but i wanted to make my little girl happy so had to look elsewhere :shrugs:
Lol she is difficult to photograph, it took me a while to get the few that i have, and she is blacker in real life also, she appears slightly lighter in the photos, but she is a total sweety, i am so used to tortie cats that i wasn't prepared for one who loves to snuggle, she has a habit of wanting to curl up around my neck, and her purr is as loud as a motor, lol!
How old is your cat now? It is so sad when animals end up in shelters so it is fab when kind people like you decide to adopt and give them good homes :hugs:

Yes we had a really hard time, i rung around all the shelters in my area but none had any black kittens, and considering my daughter had asked specifically for a black baby girl then i couldn't just take anything else, if it were for me personally then i would of chosen a rescue animal, but i wanted to make my little girl happy so had to look elsewhere :shrugs:
Lol she is difficult to photograph, it took me a while to get the few that i have, and she is blacker in real life also, she appears slightly lighter in the photos, but she is a total sweety, i am so used to tortie cats that i wasn't prepared for one who loves to snuggle, she has a habit of wanting to curl up around my neck, and her purr is as loud as a motor, lol!
How old is your cat now? It is so sad when animals end up in shelters so it is fab when kind people like you decide to adopt and give them good homes :hugs:

Maybe it's just a US thing with black pets. Poppy is absolutely adorable and she's lucky to have found such a nice home. I actually have no idea how old my guy is. The rescue group said he was two when I adopted him and that was almost 7 years ago. Based on his teeth, he's definitely much older than 9. I guess it's possible that he just had a rough life before I took him in. Either way, you'd never know he's an old guy -- he still runs around like a kitten and climbs everything!
I hope you keep updating this thread. I love seeing what kittens grow up to look like.

Maybe it's just a US thing with black pets. Poppy is absolutely adorable and she's lucky to have found such a nice home. I actually have no idea how old my guy is. The rescue group said he was two when I adopted him and that was almost 7 years ago. Based on his teeth, he's definitely much older than 9. I guess it's possible that he just had a rough life before I took him in. Either way, you'd never know he's an old guy -- he still runs around like a kitten and climbs everything!
I hope you keep updating this thread. I love seeing what kittens grow up to look like.

Awww he sounds so sweet, it is always nice to hear how cats get on after leaving shelters, to think that any animal ends up in a shelter in the first place is absolutely heartbreaking, some humans are just so heartless!
Lol Poppy is a climber also, she has taken to sitting on top of my daughters wardrobe, and manages to climb inside it also and starts swinging from the clothes on the hangars, she has clawed so much already, my mum commented on how she is lucky that i am so patient with animals, but i don't understand how people could NOT be...
I will definately keep updating the thread, i will have camera out on Christmas morning and i am pretty sure that i will have a few of her with her presents :Presents

Poppy is so cute! I bet your daughter is thrilled beyond measure.

She is totally thrilled with her, infact she was asking me of we could have another so that "Poppy could have a friend for when we go shopping" :lol:

Hehe I just showed one of my black kitties your pic and asked if she looked like that.

Does she have blue eyes or is it the photo?? Oh and I agree with the others, black cats are almost impossible to photo!!!!!

She is soo cute but I bet she is hard work and keeping you on your toes :P

Poppy is adorable! I am sure that really did make your daughter's year. I know for myself, nothing in the world you can buy me comes close to the happiness of having a pet.

Hehe I just showed one of my black kitties your pic and asked if she looked like that.

Does she have blue eyes or is it the photo?? Oh and I agree with the others, black cats are almost impossible to photo!!!!!

She is soo cute but I bet she is hard work and keeping you on your toes :P

Her eyes are kinda greeny yellow, really weird how they look blue in the photos, i am not sure if it is something with my camera or just the flash in general...

Awww you have black kittys also? How many do you have? How old are they?

Yes she is definately keeping us on our toes, she is finally resting now though, she has taken to lying on my chest, my hubby is singing 'everybody needs a bosom for a pillow', think he had too much brandy in his hot choc earlier :lol:

Poppy is adorable! I am sure that really did make your daughter's year. I know for myself, nothing in the world you can buy me comes close to the happiness of having a pet.

You are totally right, i think just knowing that we are giving her a loving home and that she will be well looked after is so heart-warming, and my little girl is definately so happy that Santa gave her one of her presents early this year ;)

I squeed out loud at your pics, p_g. Poppy is soooo adorable.

Lol she really is, i probably shouldn't be getting too attached (she is my daughters kitty after all) but i can't help but fall in love with her too :hbeat: