Presenting My Season 1 Nero Black Bow Satchel!

Lanier

Eeek - it's a mouse!
O.G.
Jul 25, 2006
I've been pondering purchasing a Miu Miu Bow Satchel for awhile, especially after looking at everyone's gorgeous pictures!
I :heart: all the pretty colors that the bow satchel comes in, but I really needed a black bag that would be easy to match my wardrobe with. After studying the leather and hardwares differences from the Season 1 and Season 2 Nero bags, the smooth leather and yummy gold hardware of Season 1 captured my heart.

I thought it would be pretty difficult to find a Season 1 bag, but when I went to my Saks, guess what they had - a Season 1 black/nero bow bag! :nuts: (And I get a $100 Saks EGC card, which makes the purchase even sweeter!)

Presenting my nero bow satchel - the newest member of tPF bow family! :P

(stuffed with the paper it came with)
attachment.php

(empty)
attachment.php

(I shortened the straps, using the method I found on here)
attachment.php

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 4,940
  • bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 509
  • bag3.jpg
    bag3.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Here are some modeling pictures :smile: For reference, I am 5'2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• outfit5.jpg
    outfit5.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 5,810
  • outfit4.jpg
    outfit4.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 498
  • outfit3.jpg
    outfit3.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 485
  • outfit1.jpg
    outfit1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 496
  • outfit.jpg
    outfit.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 502
And a picture of my MbyMJ shoes, just for fun!

attachment.php

One side of the bag does have a little bit of sealent cracks. :Push: I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't get worse.

attachment.php

The other side seems to be fine.

attachment.php

And for anyone looking for a Season 1 sughero bow - my Saks has one! :nuts: It is the Saks in Birmingham, Alabama. I almost purchased it instead of the Nero, but I really needed a new black bag. I hope someone is able to grab it if they have been looking for one!

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 497
  • bag4.jpg
    bag4.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 489
  • bag5.jpg
    bag5.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Yay new bag! We are bag twins! I have the same color! haha :] I love this bag and how it can match with many outfits. That sucks how yours has the sealant cracks. I've had mine for a while now.. There are no cracks so far. I hope it won't get bad. I also like your Marc shoes! Sooo cute. I've always wanted to get the white glittery mouse ones :P Anyway, congrats on the new bag! It looks wonderful on you! :amuse:

I had that bag, and it is a beauty. I loved the leather and everything about it. Unfortunately, it was too heavy for me once I put all my stuff in it--I live in a walking/subway world, not driving--so I returned it. Seeing your bag almost makes me regret returning it.:smile:

Enjoy! It's a great bag.

jejune - Yay, we are bow twins! :yahoo: I'm so glad I went with the black - the leather is so yummy! I highly recommend the mouse shoes .... you should definitely get the white glittery pair! :graucho: It would look so cute with the black bow!

Carolina59 - I'm sorry you had to return your black bow bag! :crybaby: I can definitely understand how it would become too heavy with a lot of stuff in it - especially if you are walking a lot! Luckily, I usually only carry a minimal amount of stuff so it's not too heavy (so far)!

erikuh and rensky - Thank you so much! :smile: Most, if not all, of my shoes are black, so I knew I needed a black bag. My mouse shoes are one of my favorite pairs!

blivlien - I actually shortened the straps using this method - otherwise, the bag would hang to my knees! You should definitely try this method if you are unhappy with the strap length. :yes: It's really easy and it doesn't hurt the straps at all .. and you can always put the clasps back on later if you change your mind.

sparklybags - I think I know you from the JS forum. ;) Thank you so much! I am so happy to be a part of the bow craze!

YAY :woohoo:
WELCOME TO THE BOW FAMILY LANIER :heart:

I definetly love the Season 1 bow's leather much more. It's just so soft and smooshy, reminds me of a cloud. Great find too :tup: I think it's great to buy a bow during the SAKS EGC event, it's like getting free $!

Anyways, your 5'2 like me! Somehow I just look so much smaller in pictures than everyone here :shrugs:

CONGRATS!
Enjoy your purchase :okay:

P.S. I LOVE THOSE MOUSEY FLATS! LOL!

Love your Bow bag and the first leather is really nice. I like how you shortened the strap. I have a bow bag coming and will post pictures when I get it. Congratulations! Great Choice!:tup:

Lasmico - thank you so much! :flowers:

annaversary - Thank you for welcoming me to the "family!" ITA with your description of the Season 1 leather .. Don't get me wrong, the Season 2 leather is pretty too ...but the Season one is so smooth and soft. :love: Yup, we are both shorties! :P Maybe I look a little taller because I'm so close to the mirror? You are so tiny though! I definitely have a couple of pounds to lose. :blah:

shockey - I can't wait to see your pictures of your bow! What color did you get?