Presenting... Gainsboro

Any chance you could weigh it? I am seriously in love, but our own BV personal shopper mentioned that it was very heavy. I've got the nuvalato caiman lido and the vernice and I don't consider them heavy.

sbelle - I'll try to weigh it but give me a day or two to respond. I used the bag for the first time today and it ended up being quite heavy. Then again, you can see from below how many things I put inside it.

The inner pouch (stuffed with my junk)
Opera medium cosmetic case
Corniola flat key case (stuffed with cards)
Steel Stucco Ayers long wallet
BV sunnies
Leather-bound Paper notebook
Celine Trio

I only put the Celine Trio inside the bag to see if I could use this for travel. I like having a smaller extra bag in case I need to downsize for quick trips to the market or for nights out.

If I had a very minor nit, I seem to prefer the tubular handles of the Cabat vs. the flat handles of the Lido. It just feels better on my hands or the crook of my arm since I tend to carry them that way vs. slinging it on my shoulder.

Attachments

• DSCN1981.JPG
    DSCN1981.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 289
Reactions: jbags07
TDL said:
How about a "mini" family pic instead? ;) (L-R:smile: Ebano, Noce, Ottone, Gainsboro Perlato Metal, Lilac

The many textures and leather types... Ottone in goatskin, Noce in nappa umbria, Lilac and Ebano in nappa, Gainsboro in deerskin and metal mesh

All the colors are quite neutral... quite a departure from my old rainbow!

Just breathtakingly gorgeous...swoon...

How about a "mini" family pic instead? ;) (L-R:smile: Ebano, Noce, Ottone, Gainsboro Perlato Metal, Lilac

1856655d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1942.jpg

The many textures and leather types... Ottone in goatskin, Noce in nappa umbria, Lilac and Ebano in nappa, Gainsboro in deerskin and metal mesh

1856657d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1906.jpg

All the colors are quite neutral... quite a departure from my old rainbow!

1856658d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1952.jpg

i can smell the heavenly leather from here!

Thanks, LT! I'm glad the master enabler approves. Hope all is well ;)

cabochon - you got me. :graucho: Those 2 other minis were "new to me" but I got them around a month ago.

Caught you in a stealth reveal a la sbelle, did I ? :busted

I remember your previous family pics well because the rainbow of color is similar to mine.

HK is indeed a reseller's and shopper's paradise, isn't it? What fun!

Last edited:
TDL- have missed you; hope all is well.
i see you have been busy. just love the gainsboro and the other mini's and like apey- i am now considering one but like sbelle the money tree is a bit bare. thanks for all the pictures and comparison shots. they are truly tempting me.
enjoy- it is a great bag.

TDL-we can always depend on your for awesome pictures and excellent taste in bags !!!!!

Great to see you back, Grandmommie and thanks for the feedback! It takes one to know one.

TDL- have missed you; hope all is well.
i see you have been busy. just love the gainsboro and the other mini's and like apey- i am now considering one but like sbelle the money tree is a bit bare. thanks for all the pictures and comparison shots. they are truly tempting me.
enjoy- it is a great bag.

Hi annie9999 - I miss you guys too. I was supposed to come for the US Open once again but work got in the way. I hope to get to NYC this year (cross my fingers). My money tree is not just bare, there is an official drought after Gainsboro! :lol:

Any chance you could weigh it? I am seriously in love, but our own BV personal shopper mentioned that it was very heavy.

damn, woman! you are one of the best enablers on this forum! i really want one now and am actually considering canceling an order to get this bag :thinking:

Ok, well how about some "disabling" then? I've weighed the bags using a digital luggage scale and here's the verdict: (heaviest to lightest)

Tourmaline Vachette Medium Cabat = 1.3 kg or 2.87 lbs
Gainsboro Perlato Metal Lido = 1.2 kg or 2.65 lbs
Barcelona/PO Medium Cabat = 1.1 kg or 2.43 lbs
Ottone Mini Cabat = 0.8 kg or 1.76 lbs
Lilac & Noce Minis = 0.7 kg or 1.54 lbs
Ebano Mini Cabat = 0.6 kg or 1.32 lbs (I'm not sure why this is lighter)

Unfortunately, I don't have other Lidos to compare it with. I just know from memory that the heaviest Lido I've ever tried on was the Micropizzo from last Fall. The Vernice might be lighter given the material and the Caiman Nuvolato from memory might weigh the same given the tubular fettuce.

Despite all of the above, the weight doesn't really bother me. I'm so used to my Tourmaline Cabat and never considered my medium Barcelona to be heavy. I know other people may feel differently. It feels like a very solid and substantial bag when hand-carried.

apey_grapey - I agonized over the same thing. In the end, I canceled 2 of my orders to get this one and I absolutely have no regrets.

I'd like to "blame" my SA primarily for showing me this bag and distracting me from my original pre-order. Similarly, the ninja for taking some mighty good enabling pics and sbelle for posting them :P

I still can't believe I bought this bag. But it is supercalifreakinawesome!

More pics with and without flash (taken indoors at night)

That is unbelievable gorgeous! What a beauty