presentable?

bluerose2

Jan 29, 2010
I would be mortified if I let Coach send a gift to someone from me and they received what I received today! Ordered on line but it came from Ct instead of Jax. Thrown in a box... Shoulder strap detached, bent with a permanent fold and scratch marks, lint and dust all over...

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2830.JPG
    IMG_2830.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2832.JPG
    IMG_2832.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2834.JPG
    IMG_2834.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 201
I bought one yesterday at Macy's. Two of my pleats look like those in your picture. I went to another Macy's today and looked at a couple more, one fresh from the back still wrapped in plastic. They both looked like mine. I was assuming that it was just the way this bag is made.... Am I wrong?

Oh no! I can't believe they sent it to you like that. Perhaps, it wasn't like that when it left the CT store. I would definitely be worried that the gatherings would become undone with time eventually, but not look like that so soon! Jeez, I hope they send you a replacement ASAP!

that is bad. i got mine today as well ordered from coach yesterday. shipped overnight from california. mine looks good but the dust bag it came with is very small. the gift box is too in my opinion. i got the large black gathered leather one. i hope the pleats on mine dont do that.

My pleats look exactly like that. Debating whether or not to return it. But they don't have anymore that look any better. I suppose I could make due with the smooth black. I like that one too.

OMGosh, I just picked up my Grey Gathered today -- I looked at in the store, but was in a rush and now that I look at it at home, it looks like that too at the bottom. I figured it would do it in time, but to have the pleats coming out at the bottom like that already .. I don't know :sad:. This bag haunting my dreams and I always wondered about the pleats .. I am debating on whether to keep it now ... I just wish they had this grey in regular leather!

I have to say though, the condition of the strap on yours is unacceptable!!

More often than not the pleats at the very bottom look pretty similar on all of the bags I have ever examined. I was lucky to find one (mine) that didn't have that, but now I have one small pleat that came undone towards the bottom, probably from having too much stuff in it, but I don't know. I took a piece of tape and put it from the good pleat on each side of the one that came undone to kind of force it back to where it should be. I did this overnight one night and yesterday morning it seemed to put the pleat mostly back into place.

The more unacceptable thing I find with yours is that the shoulder strap came that way! That is crazy!