Preparing for the rainbow bridge

Honestly, it's one of the most horrible things you're ever going to deal with. That's how it was for me at least. I'm sorry if that was too blunt, but just remember that your pup won't have to suffer anymore and that's the most important thing.

Spoke with mom last night.. she said that sleeping is hard for her because she can't get comfy. Dad has been sleeping on the couch with her because she follows him wherever she goes.

Mom said that whenever she gets upset and starts crying Abby will come over to her and lick her. I think Abby knows.... But I also think that when it's time Abby will somehow let us know.

My poor parents are so heartbroken. They don't want to get another dog after this. She's so so sweet.. my mom takes her down to visit my grandma at a nursing home and everyone there loves her so much. She's such a sweet girl... I just wish it wasn't coming to this.

Mom is going to bring her over to my apt for dinner tomorrow and we're gonna spend some time snuggling on the sofa.

Aww no. So sad to hear this, yet sadly, when our beloved pets are no longer enjoying their lives we must do the most unselfish thing.
I am sure that Casey will show her the ropes up at the Bridge, as he just went 3 weeks ago.
And I know how it hurts. Hugs to you and your family.

I'm so sorry Abby has passed away...

When things are difficult, and you are grieving...please know that you gave her the most wonderful life, filled with love...and she gave you the same.

Ah, I'm really sorry about your loss Dusty. The poem posted early is sad, but good reminder, your friend is in a better place.

I don't do well reading these threads, they're too sad.

dusty paws-I will say a prayer for you and your baby tonight. Take care and please know time heals.

You will hurt now but eventually tears turn to laughter and smiles when you think of the good times and love you shared.