Preowned Roadster or New Tank solo?

Nov 22, 2009
Hello!
So I am confused between two watches that I adore - Roadster ladies size SS and Tank Solo Medium in SS with leather strap.

I have always loved the roadster, however, I didn't think I would own it as it was discontinued.
And since the last few months, I have been thinking of buying the Tank Solo in medium size (leather strap).

I had almost decided to get the tank solo, however, I happened to see a preowned roadster at a dealer's recently for the same price as the new Tank Solo, and now I am confused!

Would love some advise on which one to go for from those who own these watches - does the roadster look a bit dated now? I find the tank solo very cool and modern, but have always loved the roadster too!

I have attached images for ref. They are not actual photos of the watches, just images off pinterest.

Attachments

• 09670d74441ca95b9f9bddfed44e7354.jpg
    09670d74441ca95b9f9bddfed44e7354.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 535
  • dd904924c03b282545cc65c1caeabe06.jpg
    dd904924c03b282545cc65c1caeabe06.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 531
I have always wanted a Roadster, unfortunately Cartier discontinued. My local jeweler, who deals in high end watches, hunted and found
a new one from an authorized dealer/jeweler. Finally got a beauty with a diamond bezel and couldn't be happier. Got a fair deal and
all the paperwork.
Love the tonneau-shape...very comfortable!

I don't own either of these watches but I see a fair amount of Cartier timepieces where I live. Most are the Tank Solo. One lady I saw recently had on a smaller size Roadster, in gold, and it was just beautiful, not dated looking at all, and because I don't normally see the Roadster, I thought she looked a little more unique! I hope you get to try on both, I bet you will instantly know which one you prefer. I don't think you can go wrong with either one of these watches.

Reactions: baggingthebag
Thank you all for your suggestions!
You all seem to be inclined more towards roadster :smile:
I have tried both on a few times, but unfortunately, I was equally in love with both! LOL
Still unsure about which one to get.
Maybe I can get the roadster now, since it is hard to find; and buy the Tank later! haha
I feel that whichever one I get now, I will still think of the other one!

Reactions: Tonimichelle
Thank you all for your suggestions!
You all seem to be inclined more towards roadster :smile:
I have tried both on a few times, but unfortunately, I was equally in love with both! LOL
Still unsure about which one to get.
Maybe I can get the roadster now, since it is hard to find; and buy the Tank later! haha
I feel that whichever one I get now, I will still think of the other one!
It's never ending! :confused1:
Good luck and keep us posted!

Reactions: Tonimichelle