Preowned Roadster or New Tank solo?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello!
    So I am confused between two watches that I adore - Roadster ladies size SS and Tank Solo Medium in SS with leather strap.

I have always loved the roadster, however, I didn't think I would own it as it was discontinued.
    And since the last few months, I have been thinking of buying the Tank Solo in medium size (leather strap).

I had almost decided to get the tank solo, however, I happened to see a preowned roadster at a dealer's recently for the same price as the new Tank Solo, and now I am confused!

Would love some advise on which one to go for from those who own these watches - does the roadster look a bit dated now? I find the tank solo very cool and modern, but have always loved the roadster too!

I have attached images for ref. They are not actual photos of the watches, just images off pinterest.

09670d74441ca95b9f9bddfed44e7354.jpg dd904924c03b282545cc65c1caeabe06.jpg
  2. I prefer the Roadster myself.

baggingthebag likes this.
  3. I have always wanted a Roadster, unfortunately Cartier discontinued. My local jeweler, who deals in high end watches, hunted and found
    a new one from an authorized dealer/jeweler. Finally got a beauty with a diamond bezel and couldn't be happier. Got a fair deal and
    all the paperwork.
    Love the tonneau-shape...very comfortable!

Cogmarks and baggingthebag like this.
  4. I love the roadster :smile: However it has to be the one that makes your heart sing! Have you tried both on? If not, then try them and hopefully one will just feel right.

5. I don't own either of these watches but I see a fair amount of Cartier timepieces where I live. Most are the Tank Solo. One lady I saw recently had on a smaller size Roadster, in gold, and it was just beautiful, not dated looking at all, and because I don't normally see the Roadster, I thought she looked a little more unique! I hope you get to try on both, I bet you will instantly know which one you prefer. I don't think you can go wrong with either one of these watches.

6. Thank you all for your suggestions!
    You all seem to be inclined more towards roadster :smile:
    I have tried both on a few times, but unfortunately, I was equally in love with both! LOL
    Still unsure about which one to get.
    Maybe I can get the roadster now, since it is hard to find; and buy the Tank later! haha
    I feel that whichever one I get now, I will still think of the other one!

Tonimichelle likes this.
  7. It's never ending! :confused1:
    Good luck and keep us posted!

Tonimichelle likes this.
  8. Indeed! :biggrin:
    Thanks, yes, will post here once I get it!

9. Indeed! :biggrin:
    Thanks, yes, will post here once I get it!

10. The Cartier tank solo with the leather strap is not on the website anymore. Maybe they are discontinuing it?

11. oh? Not sure - I saw it at the boutique. Will go and check again!

12. Thank you everyone for your suggestions! So I took the plunge and got the Roadster! :smile:
    Still love the tank solo and will probably end up getting that too sometime soon, but till then I am really happy with my new (to me) Roadster!
    Here's a pic - IMG_2200.JPG

13. Beautiful! It looks great on you!

14. Thank you! :smile:

15. It's gorgeous! Congratulations:smile:

jpezmom and baggingthebag like this.