Preowned Chanel, opinions!

msPing

O.G.
Jun 24, 2010
Hello ladies,

So I wanted to get a few more opinions on my current situation. I purchased a preowned Chanel caviar jumbo last month from a reputable eBay seller and the condition of the purse was described as: preowned, few minor flaws such as side sagging, and corners are rubbed. Knowing this I still went ahead and purchased this, and paid through paypal.

When I received the purse, it looked great. Not until I fully examined the purse and notice the chain had this dark yellow glue on one link. The leather was basically stuck to the silver link. I had a feeling this isn't right, Chanel can't make something like this pass their Quality assurance. Started thinking this was repaired...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410660678.460048.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410660714.068492.jpg

I questioned the seller she was adamant that it was never repaired, and that chanel sometimes do this where they glue their leather together, which I understood but not to this point where the leather is attached to the link!!!
Finally I got a 3rd party opinion, they confirmed that the whole gormmet is not even it's original chanel jumbo version, and it was taken from a vintage chanel. The purse is authentic, however it's repaired and replaced with a totally different hardware for this version of flap. I questioned the seller and FINALLY she said oh yes I confirmed that it was repaired and I will give you $50 (?!?!??!!)

Now I have filed a dispute, and have been asked to provide confirmation which will be getting shortly..:

My question is, am I too picky? Am I in the right? As I want my $ back.. !

Sorry guys, just have been so frustrated.. And the seller not owning up to it.

Ahhhh now that feels better! 😆😆😆

That is definitely frustrating! Why can't people just be straight forward? Regarding whether you are being too picky or not, I really think that depends on the condition of the bag, how you feel about the rest of the bag, and frankly how much you paid for the bag. I see many sellers that sell bags for only a few hundred dollars less than what it would cost to buy a new one. If that's the case with yours, then I say that you are absolutely not being top picky. Saving only a couple of hundred dollars is not worth it in my opinion. I would rather save up a bit more and get a brand new bag. However, if you saved a VERY substantial amount of money buying pre-owned and there was nothing better out there when you were looking in the preowned world, well...then you just need to figure out if you can live with the bag as is for the price you paid. Another thing to consider is that if you ever want to sell this bag in the future, the issue you are facing now will come up again. I'm sorry you are going through this. I would make sure to leave a review of your experience in eBay so future buyers are aware too.

Good luck and if you decide to keep the bag, enjoy it!

I would return it if I were you as I cannot tolerant the trace of glue, it drags the whole thing down.
There are lots of other good options at reasonable prices on Ebay. Just be patient to find the right one that can make you happy to look at.

Honestly, this would bother me. I say try to get your money back especially because she wasn't up front with this problem in the first place, you had to question her about it. Good luck dear.😊 you'll find another in better shape.

Ladies!! Good news my dispute was in my favour!
So it's on it wast back to the seller yay!
Other good news I did buy another chanel flap in new condition and it arrives tomorrow!!

Will share once I receive it!
💖