Preorder from Nordstrom?

wenhuy

Jul 27, 2017
Hi! Has anyone bought gift cards during 5/10 pts event to preorder Chanel bag from Nordstrom? It's so tempting but I'm nervous that if the bag they preorder for me doesn't meet my expectations and I would be stuck with the $$$$$ gift cards. :doh:

Frillylily

O.G.
Oct 22, 2007
My Nordstrom PS told me that the Seattle Chanel boutique has just converted to a leased store and is no longer part of Nordstrom. Wonder if all Nordstrom boutiques are going this direction?
Eventually all retail stores like Nordstrom, Saks, NM, BG etc. will no longer have control of the Chanel boutique in their respective stores. I was told by the end of 2020 all Saks Chanel boutiques will be directly owned by Chanel. NM headed that way.

Reactions: ahswong

wenhuy

Jul 27, 2017
My Nordstrom PS told me that the Seattle Chanel boutique has just converted to a leased store and is no longer part of Nordstrom. Wonder if all Nordstrom boutiques are going this direction?
Right -- that adds another risk factor as the store might become leased before I get to spend the gift cards :-s

Purse_Perfect

May 5, 2013
So what does this mean for selection and inventory? Will all leased stores and stand alone boutiques carry the same inventory? Or will each leased store be able to choose what they have?

Tsunami

Feb 1, 2013
If a store becomes leased, does that mean you can't use Nordstrom gift cards there?

cheeky23

Mar 7, 2017
I would think so, since Chanel will be completely on its own.
In my past experience I used Bloomindale's gift cards to purchased from a leased CHANEL space in Bloomingdale's and I also accrue points for Bloomingdale's when I purchase.

lovieluvslux

That bag is fine!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2010
Is Chanel-leased still occupying space in the premium stores? If so, we should be able to use NM and gift cards...I would think?

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
I believe you can use your store card, but things like gift card & other events are gone. Saks you can no longer use your MPA either.

Reactions: Frillylily