Premium Denim Brands Thread!

sabrunka

O.G.
Feb 17, 2010
Hey guys! I've poked around a bit and couldn't find a thread like this, so thought I'd make one. What are your favourite brands? How do you find their sizing to be? Any suggestions for certain body types? Any washing tips? Etc etc...

I love J-Brands, they seem to fit my long legs quite well, as well as my body shape. Love the Houlihans!

I've tried on True Religions but they seem to make my bum look weird all the time lol..

I don't shop brands 'cause I'm a very difficult fit! I wear a size 4 but have a JLo butt! I need compensation for my butt and thighs. I have an old pair of flare GAP jeans that always get compliments and Lee Jeans always fit me perfectly!! They're cheap and look just as good as the expensive ones. It really depends what you wear with jeans. I am desperately seeking a really good fitting skinny jean and am having a hard time.
Watching a Diane Gilman DG2 jean on HSN now. Ever hear of them? I prefer to try on 150 pairs until I find the "right" one. I love the jean to fit but not hug my behind and thighs but yet taper my legs.

I love J Brand as well & Joe's!
I'm 5'3" and curvy and have been able to find styles in both brands that fit my body quite well! Joe's Provocateur are great and are usually my go to for all all styles except skinnies. I love my J Brand skinnies. The fit like a glove and I can usually find a great deal on them!

I love TR and Hudson! They're the best jeans for me bc I have a flat butt and it seems like those are the only jeans that keep me from constantly pulling my pants up...well most or their jeans are good for me. But the TR's maybe look weird on you bc you're not use to the flaps? Try the mon flap jeans and see how they are. Hudson's are really nice too! Sooo soft and comfy, feels like pj pants!

I hardly ever wear jeans, I've only started wearing them in the last few months! I wear True Religion, but have ordered my first pair of J Brand and I'm thinking of ordering another pair. The showroom have yet to dispatch the delivery so I'm seriously hoping I fit into them!! EEK. I premium jeans because of the fit and sizing, I love how I can go for an in-between size which is so hard to find on the high street!

Hey guys! I've poked around a bit and couldn't find a thread like this, so thought I'd make one. What are your favourite brands? How do you find their sizing to be? Any suggestions for certain body types? Any washing tips? Etc etc...

I love J-Brands, they seem to fit my long legs quite well, as well as my body shape. Love the Houlihans!

I've tried on True Religions but they seem to make my bum look weird all the time lol..

Ps. I followed you on Twitter, incase you were wondering who the random newbie follower was! :smile:

I love Rich & Skinny to pieces (especially their legacy cut), TR skinnies, J brand, Paige (Verdugo cut) and Citizens of Humanity. I'm quite petite and those brands work great for me! Joe's jeans I have also found to fit petite frames quite well (provacateur) however they stretched out too much for my liking.

Haha thanks for the follow!! I did notice and figured it was someone from tpf lol. You should get more!! I ordered two pairs of J Brands last night... Haha my credit card is mad but I can't wait.

sarahlouise06 said:
I hardly ever wear jeans, I've only started wearing them in the last few months! I wear True Religion, but have ordered my first pair of J Brand and I'm thinking of ordering another pair. The showroom have yet to dispatch the delivery so I'm seriously hoping I fit into them!! EEK. I premium jeans because of the fit and sizing, I love how I can go for an in-between size which is so hard to find on the high street!

Ps. I followed you on Twitter, incase you were wondering who the random newbie follower was! :smile:

Haha thanks for the follow!! I did notice and figured it was someone from tpf lol. You should get more!! I ordered two pairs of J Brands last night... Haha my credit card is mad but I can't wait.

Ohh, this sounds like music to my ears. What pairs did you buy? I'm ordering this pair tomorrow:

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/j-brand/emerald-green-mid-rise-skinny-jean-209894

I'm hoping a size 29 will fit okay? As my sizing tends to be a little over the place. I've been searching for a pair of merlot J Brand's for WEEKS but alas cannot find them in my size anywhere. :cry: I also love the high waisted flared J Brands, I adore them.

Ohh I love the colour!! I'm sure the size will be okay! I was worried about sizing as well but I'm sure I'm fine. I got a pair of black coated houlihans and grey coated houlihans... Very similar, just a colour change lol :smile:

Ohh, this sounds like music to my ears. What pairs did you buy? I'm ordering this pair tomorrow:

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/j-brand/emerald-green-mid-rise-skinny-jean-209894

I'm hoping a size 29 will fit okay? As my sizing tends to be a little over the place. I've been searching for a pair of merlot J Brand's for WEEKS but alas cannot find them in my size anywhere. :cry: I also love the high waisted flared J Brands, I adore them.

Ohh I love the colour!! I'm sure the size will be okay! I was worried about sizing as well but I'm sure I'm fine. I got a pair of black coated houlihans and grey coated houlihans... Very similar, just a colour change lol :smile:

Are they the cargos? If so, they are beautiful! :heart: Where did you buy them from? Gah, I want more. You have created a monster!! :P

Oh and btw, just a heads up but apparently J Brand prices have gone up quite a lot this season. So stock up in the sale!

I THINK this is my pair I am waiting on (they've yet to arrive into the company I work for and the buyer bought them and said I would like them so I just went along with it haha). http://www.trilogystores.co.uk/J-Brand/Jodhpur-in-Vintage-Muslin.aspx

The new season colours are beautiful.

I think they are coated cargos yes!! I actually got them on ebay haha I'm going for the deals ;) I actually get a discount on them at work, but UK prices are so bad compared to US prices! Even after my discount, ebay is better! And I really love those!! So cute! I'm going to become more obsessed now hahha

Are they the cargos? If so, they are beautiful! :heart: Where did you buy them from? Gah, I want more. You have created a monster!! :P

Oh and btw, just a heads up but apparently J Brand prices have gone up quite a lot this season. So stock up in the sale!

I THINK this is my pair I am waiting on (they've yet to arrive into the company I work for and the buyer bought them and said I would like them so I just went along with it haha). http://www.trilogystores.co.uk/J-Brand/Jodhpur-in-Vintage-Muslin.aspx

The new season colours are beautiful.

7 for All Mankind is still my go-to brand, and I also like TR (fit is perfect, but I'm pickier about the styles), Citizens, AG, Dylan George (whatever happened to them?), Denim for Immortality, some old-school Rock & Republic, and a very few cuts of Paige. I'm the typical pear, so I need really roomy hips and thighs and a high rise (and there's about a 1-size difference between what will fit in the waist and what fits in the hips--I generally size for the waist and wear the hips tight). Obviously I'll never be able to wear skinnies, so I generally wear bootcuts/flares/widelegs and a few straights for boot-stuffing.

If any of you girls are interested in the sizing guide I've created (it works purely on measurement numbers and works for absolutely any brand, as long as the jeans are stretch--there's an extra step for conversion to rigid jean sizes) just PM me, since I don't think I'm allowed to link my site in a public post. It'll make your life SO much easier with online shopping (as long as the styles you're looking for run somewhat true to size...I've found wild variations, especially with J Brand)

I think they are coated cargos yes!! I actually got them on ebay haha I'm going for the deals ;) I actually get a discount on them at work, but UK prices are so bad compared to US prices! Even after my discount, ebay is better! And I really love those!! So cute! I'm going to become more obsessed now hahha

They are gorgeous!! Really? That's fab, I love a bargain although my theory is that they're cheaper therefore I should buy in bulk. Naughty! Really? Where do you work? (if you don't mind me asking :smile:). Ours are bought from the London showroom, so all UK prices! Boo!! I know, you are making me trawl every website in order to find new jeans hahaha. I think it's safe to say I am addicted..