Premium Denim Brands Thread!

the pair that i love is one of the black washes. not a true black, but one of the softer blackish-gray ones (but not actually gray). can't remember the name, i got it at Last Call so maybe it's from a season or two ago. the new pair is rinsed indigo and you're right, they're way stretchy. my other pair has a tiny bit more structure, although that pair is definitely the skinny/second skin, too.

i have a couple j-brands, but not the leggings...i should try those on!

I have quite a few pairs of jeans (Hudson, Joes, Paige, J Brand, etc) and I had never heard of Rag & Bone, but based on your post (I am petite and curvy as well) I found them online at Bloomingdales (no tax for us in Ohio). I just got them today and they are fabulous! You are right -- fits like a glove and also fits true to size! I bought the dark skinny Kensington wash jeans and the skinny jeans in Bright White. Thanks for posting this. I need to stay away from this forum because I just get too many great ideas! :smile::smile::smile:

Yay! i'm so happy that you love them too!! They're just amazing and even after you wash them they still maintain their shape.

Enjoy! p.s. their twill leggings are amazing as well!

:biggrin:

Miss Maryland, ah, so the "pesky pair" that you just got is also rinsed indigo! Yeah, that one is tricky...it's such a versatile pair in terms of it being a dark, clean wash, but the s-t-r-e-t-c-h factor is :wacko:.

Yes, do try the J Brand legging jeans. I hope they will work out for you. :flowers:

I tried William Rast a long time ago and liked them but I haven't seen as many of them around anymore.. am I missing them?

They started making a line for Target (possibly one of those limited-edition ones), which really killed the value of the brand, since they didn't change the pocket stitching or anything. So most of the "WRs" on fleabay are actually these gross cheapo Target pairs (which really feel cheap) and people are expecting to pay that much even for the nice full-price pairs that may still be up, and newbies can't tell the difference easily. That could be why some retailers stopped carrying them. I sold my last pair several months back, and even those were NWT and a cut that they did not include in the Target line, so they'd be less likely to get mixed up with the Target pairs.

How about Paige? They are great on girls with straighter figures like yours (you've probably already seen my rants about how they don't work on my curvy figure!) and many of them, especially the older models, run notoriously small. Since they don't sell for high prices on Ebay, you can easily get them quite cheaply pre-owned or even new. I would go with a 24 in most styles, but I bet even a 25 would be okay for you in some of the tighter cuts. Most of their styles would probably work on you, though Hidden Hills, Rinsing Glen, Robertson and Montecito would probably be too roomy in the hips (those cuts actually sort of work on me). Also, Diesel runs ridiculously tight and would probably look great on you!

Thanks for the Response! Hmm...I've never tried Paige before, I'll have to look into those.

I used to wear Miss Me, before I got into the whole 'designer' denim lot. Then was William Rast, before it got ruined by Target. Then R&R before that got ruined. I just have bad luck with picking them! Haha.

I have tried 7FAM and Citizens Humanity, didn't like those at all. And funny enough, I did try one style in Diesel and didn't like the way it fit. But for the life of me I can't remember what style or fit it was. And I've just never been a fan of the 'look' or design of True Religion.

I have tried 7FAM and Citizens Humanity, didn't like those at all. And funny enough, I did try one style in Diesel and didn't like the way it fit. But for the life of me I can't remember what style or fit it was. And I've just never been a fan of the 'look' or design of True Religion.

hmm, yeah, I don't know Diesel styles really well, but maybe you could check out the Liv or Matic skinnies? Also, for Paige, you may really like the older styles with pocket stitching that looks like a V (rather than the slightly newer, curved "U" stitching), since I've heard they are smaller in the hips. I'm not surprised 7FAM and COH haven't worked for you, since they fit me so well, but if you can ever find any in a 23, maybe the Kate straight leg would fit well.

I am 5 feet tall....with a belly/tummy that is always 5 months preggers...with not butt and not so heavy thighs....any suggestions for jeans that would fit my tummy/waist//// yet not be loose in butt and thigh...
also when i wear high waist or mid waist...it works better...anything lower just does not stays...Please help!!

It sounds like I have the same issue with denim. After I had my daughter (via c-section) I lost all the baby weight, but my abdomen is not the same, regardless of how much weight I've lost. I've got no rear-end and very skinny legs, so if jeans fit my rear and thighs, I can barely button them or get horrible muffin top if they do button. If they fit comfortably in the waist, they are so big everywhere else and look like parachute pants! I found a pair of J Brand jeans that fit me (at least they don't look like I'm going skydiving, LOL) decently. I'm still looking for other premium denim brands that also fit well. The only drawback I have found with J Brand is the pockets are plain. I like to have some pocket detail sometimes.