Workplace Premier and Contemporary Designer Suppliers

FacesbyTamara

Dec 23, 2010
I'm in the beginning (very beginning) stages of opening a boutique. I'm in the process of compiling information for a business plan (and vision board) and a part of that is identifying suppliers for my merchandise. Would anybody happen to have an insight on premier and contemporary designer suppliers? It will be a women's boutique with clothing, shoes and accessories.

Any information and advice is appreciated!

One thing you might want to prepare is a press-kit or sales-kit to present to the sales team so that they can decide whether or not they'd want you to carry them at all. Lines like Phillip Lim, MBMJ etc, will want to size you up and see if you're a good fit to carry them. Also, if someone next to your store is already selling them, they might not want to have you distribute too, since that would diminish its exclusivity.

Do you have any contacts with the sales teams at any of the designers you're looking to carry? If not, you might want to contract a "fashion buyer" who will have the contacts with the sales teams, as well as help do your ordering each season.

Hope this helps! You might find better advice on fashion focused boards.

Thanks for the advice.This really helps as I'm trying to come up with a master plan.

@goodmornin I have not been in contact with any sells teams as of yet but thank you for that suggestion. I haven't thought of that.

@OlgaMUA I am looking in to various trade shows to attend. Thanks!

You usually need SOME sort of ID to get into those shows.

A tax ID number, a business check, etc.. check on the requirements.

They basically want to make sure "consumers" aren't getting into the shows