Food Premade guacamole...I can't find this anymore!

Zophie

Feb 14, 2007
I used to buy this prepackaged guacamole at the store that was soooo good. It didn't taste like that nasty guac dip that is out there. It tasted like real guacamole and came in a box of individual packets. Each one was the perfect size for me.

Now that Sav-A-Center has been bought out by Rouse's I can't find it there anymore. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and who makes it? I'd really like to find it again.

I know exactly what you're talking about! I buy it all the time. I have some in my freezer, but I took the plastic containers out of the cardboard box when I bought it so they're not labeled. Next time I'm at the store I'll check for you :flowers:

Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? They sell frozen halved avocados. It's not quite as easy as the vacuum packed puree, but it's still pretty convenient. I just thaw them and mash them up with some seasoning. It tastes sooo much better than storebought guacamole!

Also, certain stores will special order products for you if you ask. I know Wegman's will do it :shrugs:

Would you like to try to make it on your own?? It's so easy to make. Here is recipe..
a few avocados
1 chopped diced tometo (mashed)
a bit of diced onion
lime juice (1 lime)
parsley
guacamole powder
And voila!!

^ I just make my own too.

For one big serving, I normally take one avocado, mash it up, add diced tomato, bit of garlic, salt, pepper, a bit of lime juice (or lemon if that is what I have on hand or none if I have none) and mix together. If I'm really lazy, I'll add just a little salsa for the tomato and garlic- it makes it a funny color, but tastes good.

Here's an easy recipe too- just take out the Indian spices and you have a good base recipe and you can add tomato if you like tomato in your guac!

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001556.html

Well, I won't be making my own. I really don't cook, or do anything close to it. Also, I like that it comes in little packets because if I made any more it would just spoil and go to waste. I have a problem with buying food and then having to throw half of it away becuase I live by myself.

I don't have a Trader Joe's nearby. This was purchased at Sav-A-Center, which is now Rouse's. I don't think we have an Albertson's around. We do have Winn-Dixie though.

claireZk, it sounds like you might have what it is so let me know the brand if you get a chance. I was actually surprised that it tasted good when I bought it and now I am so bummed I can't find it again.

thanks! It looks on the site like it's one big bag inside of the box. Is it individual packets? Either way, if it tastes good, I'm going to try to find some. I just liked the packets.

^ Maybe that's not what I get then... The brand is AvoClassic, but what I get comes with two plastic trays inside of one box. It's not single serving; it's ~2-4 avocados worth of puree with some salt and maybe something else. It tastes really good, but it's not seasoned per se...