Preloved Woes.

Other than the flat quilting the leather is clean and looks great. You can look into reselling it but let's say you'd be taking a significant loss by doing so. I'd rather use it and enjoy it than take a hit to the pocket.

Case in point I purchased one of the valentine heart chain purses. It was in sad shape so I sent it to C for spa. They cleaned and redyed it because it was in dire need of getting the color made uniform. There is a heaily creased area on the front panel. There is nothing going to remove the wrinkles unless C would remake the front panel. Is it worth it to me? No. I use the purse when I'm in the mood and I don't think twice about it.

Sometimes having an item "broken in" is fine with me because I don't have to baby it, afraid I'm going to mar it. It's already not perfect so the fear of ruination no longer exists. I use it and enjoy it and from time to time someone notices those hearts and sez's cute purse. Grin. (I haven't heard someone say get a look at those wrinkles. If they did, I'd wonder if they were talking about the purse or my face.)

To sum up, you resell it, or get over it and enjoy a beautiful (and it is) purse.

jmen said:
Other than the flat quilting the leather is clean and looks great. You can look into reselling it but let's say you'd be taking a significant loss by doing so. I'd rather use it and enjoy it than take a hit to the pocket.

Case in point I purchased one of the valentine heart chain purses. It was in sad shape so I sent it to C for spa. They cleaned and redyed it because it was in dire need of getting the color made uniform. There is a heaily creased area on the front panel. There is nothing going to remove the wrinkles unless C would remake the front panel. Is it worth it to me? No. I use the purse when I'm in the mood and I don't think twice about it.

Sometimes having an item "broken in" is fine with me because I don't have to baby it, afraid I'm going to mar it. It's already not perfect so the fear of ruination no longer exists. I use it and enjoy it and from time to time someone notices those hearts and sez's cute purse. Grin. (I haven't heard someone say get a look at those wrinkles. If they did, I'd wonder if they were talking about the purse or my face.)

To sum up, you resell it, or get over it and enjoy a beautiful (and it is) purse.

Totally agree with Jmen! at the end of the day I'm sure no one really notice it unless they stare closely at your bag

The best made Chanel bags are those now classified as vintage. When buying vintage Chanel bags, the natural wear and tear is expected as this is part of the aging process. The older styles and colours are much more appreciated as Chanel will not offer them anymore unless they do something like 'reissue'. If you are concerned about the style/colour is out-dated, it is better to sell it and get something more current and you will feel comfly to use it.

I agree with ironic568 I've seen much worse. It looks pretty good for a vintage bag. If I were you I'd send it to the spa and bring some new life to the leather. Maybe it's just me but the quilts aren't that big a deal. At least carrying it you won't feel as if you need to baby it. Try the spa and then decided if you want to sell it or not. You may just change your mind.

I agree with everyone here. I'm also in your shoes and purchased a vintage with wrinkly leather. I plan on sending it to Chanel to see if they can do something to it for me. The last time I had a vintage sent to Chanel, the lining was ripped and the leather worn (as the bag dated back to 1990s); however, it came back looking almost brand new! Good luck with your bag!

May I ask where did you buy the bag? I do not know if it is OK to mention the reseller's name in this thread. I bought mine from a reseller. I studied the photos and asked questions. I am happy with my purchase. Regarding the color, I got a black lambskin classic. You cannot go wrong with a black bag.

Hi everyone..

I'm just writing this thread to let it out, so apologies in advance :sad:

Here's how it is: A few months ago I bought a vintage beige flap with GHW.

The second I opened the box, I hated it.

I tried so many times to take it out of the box and wear it in front of the mirror, trying to make myself love it, and to prevent myself from having to return it.

The leather is FLAT and it's wrinkled.. I keep telling myself that it's the "vintage look" which is supposed to be classic, but I can't bring myself to carry it out of my house.

To think I could've bought a new mini for the same price I paid for it!

Most of you will tell me to sell it, but I wasn't successful in doing so. Where I live, people don't carry vintage, most have told me that others will think it looks like a replica even when it's not -__- such ignorance...

I just wanted to let it out I guess..

My advice for everyone here is to not try to force themselves to like something if they don't feel that it's right when they get it.

I've attached an up-close photo of my bag, do any of you know how I can treat the wrinkles? Perhaps I will like it more if they are smoothed a bit.. I don't know if it's possible to do anything about but I thought I would ask anyway.. I want to resolve this issue!

Thanks for listening guys :heart:
There are many on-line consignment shops that can sell that for you. Looks lovely to me.

i would wear it with pride! i love vintage and the flat quilting is something i actually look for in vintage pieces :smile: i actually get more compliments on my vintage pieces because people don't seem them as often.

if you send it to a reseller (which is not a bad idea), you will likely take a loss. maybe take it your Chanel boutique and see if they can freshen it up! i would definitely use it before reselling, that way, even if you take a loss, you were able to get some use out of it!

I might be the odd ball, but I love the look! I am one of the few who actually love the scuffs on the bottom of CL shoes too :smile: I dont know what it is about it. I understand that these purses are so incredible and you should take very great care of them, but I am one who believes that you should also wear the purse and its great that you can wear this one without having to baby it too much. I would buy it if I could! :smile: Keep your head up, you have a beautiful purse!!