Preloved without card / original invoice?

dion8et

O.G.
Sep 22, 2011
Hi I’m just curious out there in the preloved market why would so many good/ excellent Chanel bags not come with the card? It certainly warrants better resale value and I can’t imagine why would many owners not retain it?

Hi I’m just curious out there in the preloved market why would so many good/ excellent Chanel bags not come with the card? It certainly warrants better resale value and I can’t imagine why would many owners not retain it?
Sometimes even new bags are missing it, this happens often I’m told. It happened to me but I returned the bag because it made me uncomfortable. I talked to chanel 1800 number and they assured me it was ok. But for me it wasn’t. I think some people just lose them.

I see that a lot too. Maybe they just lose them, or hide them so well they forget where they are, or some people will hold back things from their bags when they give them up - like the box, receipt, etc. so that a new owner doesn't get the full set. Like keeping some part of the bag for themselves. I find it weird, because brand new (resale) bags don't have them sometimes. I still buy them though, I'm not bothered by the lack of a card. I don't think it increases value - cards can be faked, so it ultimately is nice but not necessary for purchase imo.

Amidst the moving around... one of my jumbo lost its card :shocked:. I’ve been looking for it for years. Purchased it in Dubai while on holiday. Idk if I really lost it or the sales didn’t put it in the bag :sad:. Anw things happen...

I live in various states and have lost about 6 cards traveling back and forth. They are very easy to misplace. It’s a bummer to lose the card, but they have little impact on the bag’s value. There are way more ppl ok with buying a bag on the resale market without the card, than other way around.

Reactions: OCMomof3
So where do you bag owners keep the respective cards/receipts? #curious

For me I keep the card inside it’s own bag. For receipts, inside it’s box (if I still have the box). Else will be in the bag together with the card. I never make use of any small zipped compartment anyway. And I will always make photocopy of my receipts in case well ya know the prints got faded away.

But to answer OP, I cannot handle getting a preloved Chanel without it’s card (no receipt is fine). It feels like it’s something losing one limb.

Reactions: br3wx
So where do you bag owners keep the respective cards/receipts? #curious

For me I keep the card inside it’s own bag. For receipts, inside it’s box (if I still have the box). Else will be in the bag together with the card. I never make use of any small zipped compartment anyway. And I will always make photocopy of my receipts in case well ya know the prints got faded away.

But to answer OP, I cannot handle getting a preloved Chanel without it’s card (no receipt is fine). It feels like it’s something losing one limb.
I keep all Chanel receipts with respective cards together in a ziploc and this is kept with other important items so i know where they are and can easily access and refer to when needed.

I keep all Chanel receipts with respective cards together in a ziploc and this is kept with other important items so i know where they are and can easily access and refer to when needed.
+1. Also I'd worry I'd lose the card when faffing with the pocket.
I've just lost a full receipt set from Bottega Veneta when travelling back from where I bought it so you (OP) know, it happens.

Speaking for myself I no longer have the card (or the purchase invoice) of several of my channels which were bought from the boutique. Call it carelessness but there you go. The card was not important to me at the time.

Do Chanel SLGs come with a card? I’m looking at a Chanel classic case and wondering if I can expect a card?

Yes, they do.

My wallets did not come with a card - bought from N Bond Street boutique in London. (Authenticity number is inside though) So not everything comes with a card. Also I’d be reluctant of assuming a card is a mark of authenticity.

Reactions: LemonDrop