Preloved speedy 25 or 30... Mono or ebene!

Sporgyuk

Dec 28, 2014
Hi all, getting myself in a tiz waz! Would appreciate some opinions.

Looking to buy a preloved speedy, I keep flitting between sizes....I'm 5'7 and uk size 12 which size would suit do you think?

Also first LV bag (pochette Accessoires not counting) so mono or ebene!?!?!,

Getting very confused about which to concentrate my efforts on!

Any ideas??? :nuts:

Hi all, getting myself in a tiz waz! Would appreciate some opinions.

Looking to buy a preloved speedy, I keep flitting between sizes....I'm 5'7 and uk size 12 which size would suit do you think?

Also first LV bag (pochette Accessoires not counting) so mono or ebene!?!?!,

Getting very confused about which to concentrate my efforts on!

Any ideas??? :nuts:

Ok,

I am 5.8ft and a UK 10-12 and I have a speedy B 30 in ebene and it works perfectly for me, sounds as if we are about the same build, I did used to wish I had got the 25 but I think the 25 would be slightly too small as I am a tall gal.

There are some great preloved pieces around on both the mono and eben right now on ebay, I would say go with the damier ebene print - a lot less worry free in the UK weather!! that said, a classical speedy is always a good idea.

I like both but if push came to shove I would go size 30 in damier ebene, it will serve you great with our crappy British weather!

GLD X

I'm 5'9 and found that the 30 and 35 are a better match for my height than the 25 which, being a small bag, only made me look bigger. DE would definitely be the way to go if you live in the UK since it's carefree and can be worn in any type of weather, not to mention the red interior is to die for.

As its your first LV purchase, I would go for the Monogram Speedy 30 or 35 if you carry alot. Speedy's are spacious bags and you can fit a surprising amount of stuff in them! Good luck choosing :smile: x

Ok,

I am 5.8ft and a UK 10-12 and I have a speedy B 30 in ebene and it works perfectly for me, sounds as if we are about the same build, I did used to wish I had got the 25 but I think the 25 would be slightly too small as I am a tall gal.

There are some great preloved pieces around on both the mono and eben right now on ebay, I would say go with the damier ebene print - a lot less worry free in the UK weather!! that said, a classical speedy is always a good idea.

I like both but if push came to shove I would go size 30 in damier ebene, it will serve you great with our crappy British weather!

GLD X

Thanks so much this really helps, I love both prints but my head is going classic mono because it's a classic! But the ebene looks really classy......aaagghhhhh xx

I'm 5'9 and found that the 30 and 35 are a better match for my height than the 25 which, being a small bag, only made me look bigger. DE would definitely be the way to go if you live in the UK since it's carefree and can be worn in any type of weather, not to mention the red interior is to die for.

Thank you for your help :smile:

If you are buying preloved I would vote to get an ebene piece. With the vachetta on the mono, I'd be worried about stains, marks or uneven darkening of the handles (but that's just me). Based on your measurements, I think the 30 would look fab on you! Good luck deciding!!

If you are buying preloved I would vote to get an ebene piece. With the vachetta on the mono, I'd be worried about stains, marks or uneven darkening of the handles (but that's just me). Based on your measurements, I think the 30 would look fab on you! Good luck deciding!!

Thanks so much :smile:

I am 5'9 and found the classic speedy 30 to be the perfect size for my height. 10 Years ago after graduating from college, I purchased my first speedy in the size 25. It definitely got a lot of use because I use to carry way less. Over the years, I began to regret the size because I felt it looked rather small against my frame. Being in the mono print never bothered me. I would suggest if you are getting the classic style go for the 30 size. Definitely DE since you live in the UK. If you are thinking about the bandouliere, the 25 looks great as a cross body bag. Although, I currently have a Speedy B30 in DE after giving my mono Speedy 25 to my mom. She is 5'2 and that size looks great on her. I love the speedy B30 in DE because it is my worry free bag. Looks good cross body on a person that is tall as well.

If I was going to do a preloved Mono peice I would have to be very prepared for uneven grimey handles. Mentally just have to be ready for that. I would be ok with normal wear and tear on an Ebene. But somehow those vachetta handles would skeeve me out.

I'm 5"6 (167 cm), but I'm not sure about UK sizes... I think I'd be a 10 at the moment (38 european). The 25 B is perfect (crossbody or as a shoulder bag) - and I've seen it on girls taller or more curvy than me and it looks just lovely. It does fit a lot - I fit everything that goes in my Neverfull MM and I don't have to downsize anything. On me 30 looks like luggage! With the classic (not B) she might seem on the smaller side. I've spent so much time before I've decided on the size asking everybody, but in the end, you just have to go to the store and see for yourself. I remember I was shocked when I've asked for the 25 just how small she actually was when the guy brought her, but once I've tried it with my frame, she looked great.

One more thing to consider is that with the classic, you carry her by hand, so the bigger the bag, the more you're going to put in it and therefore 30 might get really heavy. When the bag isn't full, she tends not to keep the shape well and be very saggy. 25 keeps it's shape a lot better and there is no real sagging.

I don't live in the UK, but we also have plenty of rainy weather here in Poland. I got the DE, because I can carry her pretty much all year (I rock mine in summer as well, although I wouldn't mind an azur piece at some point) and not just for 3 months (if I'm lucky) when it happens not to rain... Besides, I prefer DE, because of the red lining and that it's not so "in your face" and I carry my bags to the office.

However, if you're going for preloved, it will already have some patina, so the bag will be a lot more hard-wearing than the new one with virgin vachetta. Monogram is the classic print and you can't really go wrong with it.

Gosh thanks everyone, just missed out on a 30 in fantastic condition :sad:
Looking at. 25 mono but the girl says she bought it in 2008 but the date code is AA1006 do you think that's odd to buy a two year old bag from LV??

Gosh thanks everyone, just missed out on a 30 in fantastic condition :sad:
Looking at. 25 mono but the girl says she bought it in 2008 but the date code is AA1006 do you think that's odd to buy a two year old bag from LV??

It's possible, especially since it's October 2006. She could have bought it in January 2008, then it's only 15 months in the store. It's also likely that she forgets exactly when she bought it. I have bought bags from the boutique that had a year old date tag.

I love the size 25. I am 5'2" and it fits all of my essentials plus some. I own both mono and DE and love them both. The mono is the quintessential LV, but the DE is an all weather bag. I also have a few size 30 bags but I feel they look too sloppy on me. Did you know LV created the 25 size for Audrey Hepburn??

Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: foxylock