Preloved reveal

Izzybet

O.G.
Dec 15, 2013
I love my black glossy goat mini Lily and wanted a mini Lily in oak.

After stalking eBay for a few weeks this cute little Lily came up... listed with water damage at the base but it was a good price so I put a bid in and I was the only bidder!! These are the before photos
And the after photos, following a clean. I am rather pleased with the results. Little Lily has scrubbed up well!!

Attachments

• IMG_1495220768.014219.jpg
    IMG_1495220768.014219.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1495220784.053039.jpg
    IMG_1495220784.053039.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1495220938.363311.jpg
    IMG_1495220938.363311.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1495220957.663252.jpg
    IMG_1495220957.663252.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1495221022.339480.jpg
    IMG_1495221022.339480.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1495221041.480610.jpg
    IMG_1495221041.480610.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Somehow I have managed to add loads of photos!!

After stalking eBay for a few weeks this cute little Lily came up... listed with water damage at the base but it was a good price so I put a bid in and I was the only bidder!! These are the before photos
IMG_1495221730.293359.jpg
IMG_1495221748.920913.jpg

And the after photos, following a clean. I am rather pleased with the results. Little Lily has scrubbed up well!!

IMG_1495221765.920848.jpg
IMG_1495221782.179941.jpg

View attachment 3703688
View attachment 3703689

View attachment 3703690
View attachment 3703692
That's a huge improvement, wow! Congratulations :smile:

View attachment 3703688
View attachment 3703689

View attachment 3703690
View attachment 3703692

Izzybet, congrats on your lovely Little Lily! Looks fab, well done.:flowers:
May I ask what you used to clean her water stain? I acquired a French Purse in Hot Pink (I believe) that has a water stain on the back which is quite pronounced and am just wondering whether to try something a bit more drastic, as it hasn't budged, and I doubt will ever blend in with this shade. (Perhaps it is oil :sad:)
any ideas gratefully received:smile:

May I ask what you used to clean her water stain? I acquired a French Purse in Hot Pink (I believe) that has a water stain on the back which is quite pronounced and am just wondering whether to try something a bit more drastic, as it hasn't budged, and I doubt will ever blend in with this shade. (Perhaps it is oil :sad:)

Sorry, it's a Pink Glossy Goat French Purse--(I think it's GG anyway!)

Thank you [emoji16] I think this may have had an oil stain as rolling the leather between my fingers didn't disperse the stain. I had some Dettol kitchen wipes to hand and just wiped along the stain. I did this twice with drying the bag in between.

I am not sure if it's the same with glossy goat, but can you try and roll the leather to disperse the stain ? Or if you got the purse for a good price is it worth giving it a complete dunk in the sink ?
I have washed/ dunked a black NVT Bayswater, an oak NVT Bayswater and a creamy pink Alexa. The black Bays and the Alexa came up really well. The oak Bays looked better but it was very well used and a bit of a project bag!

Thank you [emoji16] I think this may have had an oil stain as rolling the leather between my fingers didn't disperse the stain. I had some Dettol kitchen wipes to hand and just wiped along the stain. I did this twice with drying the bag in between.

I am not sure if it's the same with glossy goat, but can you try and roll the leather to disperse the stain ? Or if you got the purse for a good price is it worth giving it a complete dunk in the sink ?
I have washed/ dunked a black NVT Bayswater, an oak NVT Bayswater and a creamy pink Alexa. The black Bays and the Alexa came up really well. The oak Bays looked better but it was very well used and a bit of a project bag!

Izzybet, you are inspiring me to be brave. :smile: I will try the wipes first--think it may just be oil-- and if no result, I may just do a washing/dunking. Being a cautious type, I will do a bit more research on the glossy goat first and then will have a go. Thanks so much for your inspiration:flowers:

Izzybet, you are inspiring me to be brave. :smile: I will try the wipes first--think it may just be oil-- and if no result, I may just do a washing/dunking. Being a cautious type, I will do a bit more research on the glossy goat first and then will have a go. Thanks so much for your inspiration:flowers:

As I see it, leather shoes get wet and dry out fine!
I would say as long as you wipe rather than scrub!
Don't forgot the before and after photos!!!

Reactions: MulberryMermaid
As I see it, leather shoes get wet and dry out fine!
I would say as long as you wipe rather than scrub!
Don't forgot the before and after photos!!!

No good info to be found it seems on oil stains and glossy goat, so in my impatience I completely immersed purse in full sink and allowed to sit for a bit until leather was fully saturated. Initially terrifying, as horrid blotches of darkened color appeared:shocked: (those intrepid ladies who put their Mulberry bags through a wash cycle wouldn't have to witness that part!) Luckily, saturation overtook blotches and leather became uniform. Phew. Brisk wiping with very mild soap solution did not budge stain, but entire purse has darkened considerably and have left to dry for a day or so. Stain is less noticeable but we shall see.
In my sudden overwhelming urge to immerse, totally forgot to take the "before" shot-:facepalm:
(Imagine a lovely hot pink with a large oily darkened blotch taking up some 30% of the purse's reverse side.)

Apologies for lack of photos--every time I try to upload pics, it says the file is "too large?!?" :annoyed: perhaps my new phone takes far better pics.
So, verbal description of the "After" for the pink continental g.g. purse that was fully immersed:
minimal color bleed occurred onto paper towels during drying process but any final color loss so small as to be inconsequential. Hot pink color looks lovely, purse quite clean now ;) and the original stain on the reverse side is, I'd guess, some 30% less noticeable. Better, but still there. Must have been something oil based.
Conditioning leather with Collonil 1909 aloe lotion now and it looks fine.
Would not recommend this unless item is pre-loved. Could not bear potentially ruining something I'd paid retail for, not at these prices! :no: